I’m sharing one of the easiest, sweetest, most unique cakes you can possibly make – Orange Crush Cake. Yes, it is made with that childhood favorite, Orange Crush.
If you happen to have some Cherry Dr. Pepper pop or soda in your house, I have a recipe for Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake that you could whip up in addition to this Orange Crush Cake. How much fun would it be to have desserts that are flavored with soda at a picnic or BBQ?
I never know whether to say “soda” or “pop.” It depends on what part of the country you’re from, right? Which do you say? I’m a “soda” girl myself.
Orange Crush Cake
I hope you have a prepared cake mix in your cupboard. In fact, I hope you have several. There is no shame in the cake mix game. All it needs is a little punch to turn ho-hum into HECK YEAH!
For this recipe, we’ll be using a white cake mix. I usually buy either Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines. There are some cheaper brands at Aldi and Dollar Tree, but I haven’t tried them. I’ve been a little skeptical as to how they’ll compare with what I’m used to.
Have you tried other brands of cake mix? What’s your review? Are there brands and flavors you’d recommend I try?
If you love using parchment paper for baking cakes, awesome. You can get them that are already in the shape of whatever pan you use.
A quick reminder though. The parchment paper will only cover the bottom, so you’ll still need to carefully grease and flour the pan to get the edges.
Few things are as aggravating as baking a cake and having it stick to the pan. We’ve all been there. My family doesn’t care though. Cake is cake, they say!
Orange Crush Cake
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 C Crush Orange soda
- 1 - 16 oz cool whip
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries with stem juice drained
- 1 angled spatula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8 baking dish with baking spray
- Using a hand mixer, combine the cake mix and orange soda into a large mixing bowl and beat until combined and smooth
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Once cake has cooled, frost the top using the cool whip
- Use the angled spatula to smooth out the cool whip
- Place into the fridge for an hour to allow cake and cool whip to get cold and firm up
- Using a knife, cut your cake slices. Do not remove any slices!
- Place a cherry onto the center of each slice
- Serve and enjoy!