Orange Crush Cake is the easiest and most delicious cake made with only 3-ingredients – white cake mix, orange crush soda and whipped cream. This simple soda cake will remind you of your childhood.
3-ingredient Orange Crush Cake
This delicious cake will take you straight back to your childhood with the same summery flavors of frozen orange push up pops!
I hope you have a prepared cake mix in your cupboard. In fact, I hope you have several. There is no shame in the cake mix game. All it needs is a little punch to turn ho-hum into HECK YEAH! We have several cake mix recipes on our site including Cake Mix Cookies, Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls, Lazy Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and Easy Banana Bread.
Ingredients You Will Need To Make A Soda Cake:
Cake Mix: For this easy cake recipe, we’ll be using a white cake mix. I usually buy Duncan Hines. There are some cheaper brands at Aldi and Dollar Tree, but I haven’t tried them. I’ve been a little skeptical as to how they’ll compare with what I’m used to.
Orange Soda: Any orange soda will work. We always use Orange Crush. I never know whether to say “soda” or “pop.” It depends on what part of the country you’re from, right? Which do you say? I’m a “soda” girl myself.
If you happen to have some Cherry Dr. Pepper pop or soda in your house, I have a recipe for Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake that you could whip up in addition to this Orange Crush Cake. Another good one is Strawberry Soda Cake. How much fun would it be to have desserts that are flavored with soda at a picnic or BBQ?!
Cool Whip: If you don’t prefer Cool Whip, make our delicious Homemade Whipped Cream recipe – it’s so easy!
How To Make Orange Crush Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the cake mix and orange soda.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and top with whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
How To Store:
Store leftovers covered or in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. If you are serving it on a hot day, be sure to keep it chilled when not serving it because the cool whip topping will melt and become runny.
This cake also freezes well without any type of fresh fruit toppings. Just wrap the dish it’s in well with a double layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Label it with the date it was made and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips & Tricks
- Lining the Pan – If you love using parchment paper for baking cakes, awesome. You can get them that are already in the shape of whatever pan you use. A quick reminder though – the parchment paper will only cover the bottom, so you’ll still need to carefully grease and flour the pan to get the edges. Few things are as aggravating as baking a cake and having it stick to the pan. We’ve all been there. My family doesn’t care though. Cake is cake, they say!
- Topping – you can also a yellow or French vanilla cake mix if you don’t have a white cake mix. If you want the cake to have a pale orange color all over, you can add a couple drops of orange food coloring to the cake mix batter.
Other Orange Cakes You Will Love:
- Creamsicle Orange Poke Cake
- Orange Julius Cake
- No-Bake Orange Cheesecake
- Lemon Orange Cake
- Instant Pot Orange Cake
Orange Crush Cake (3-ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8×8 baking dish with baking spray.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the cake mix and orange soda into a large mixing bowl and beat until combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, frost the top using the cool whip using a spatula.
- Place into the fridge for an hour to allow cake and cool whip to get cold and firm up.
- Cut your cake slices and place a cherry onto the center of each slice.
- Serve and enjoy!