We can all agree on the delicious sweet taste of Cinnamon Buns being one of the top notch treats, right? Well, how about adding some sweeter and crunchy Granny Smith apples to create a wonderful Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe creation.
Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe
You can share and enjoy this wonderful Apple Cinnamon Buns recipe treat with friends and family for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. With a fairly simple list of ingredients and directions to follow, you can make these cinnamon buns often.
- Active dry yeast- This will allow your rolls to rise in the oven.
- Water- This will be the water used to activate your yeast.
- Granulated sugar- You need sugar to make this amazing
- Salt- Salt brings out the flavor in your recipe.
- Buttermilk- Be sure to warm your buttermilk to add into mixture.
- Butter- Always best to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Eggs- The eggs will help with the form of your batter and rolls.
- All-purpose flour- It is best to use al purpose flour.
- Cream cheese- Best to use softened or at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for the best flavor.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar will be used for your cinnamon roll glaze.
- Granny Smith Apples- Make sure your apples are peeled and diced.
- Light brown sugar- This will add for a richer flavor and make sure it is packed.
- Cinnamon- This will be for the signature cinnamon flavor.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe
Combine the yeast with a teaspoon of sugar and warm water in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Let rest for about 5 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
Add the warm butter, buttermilk, eggs, salt, and the rest of the sugar into a separate mixing bowl. Add the mixture of yeast and a cup of your flour, and mix until combined. One cup at a time, add in the rest of the flour and stir after each one.
Lightly flour your countertop and put the dough on it and knead the dough for about 4 minutes. Place the ball into a greased bowl and flip over once to coat the whole ball. Wrap in plastic and let it rest and double in size.
While your dough is rising, prepare your filling. Just combine your cinnamon and brown sugar and have your apple already diced and ready.
When your dough is ready and doubled in size, punch it down and turn it on a floured countertop. You want to size and roll it out into a rectangle about 18×24 inches. Evenly place the softened butter over the dough and keep about 1/2 inches from the sides. Evenly spread your cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on the top of the spread butter. And add and sprinkle the cut apples on top of the brown sugar.
You want to roll up the dough, starting at the long end and roll it tightly. When you get to the end, close off the dough by pinching the ends. Coat a knife in flour and slice your roll into 1-2′ thick pieces.
Evenly spray a pan with non-sticking spray and set each roll on the pan, 1 inch from each other. If your pan is too small, you may have to use two pans. Cover your rolls in the pan and let them rise and double in size again.
For about 15 mins, let the rolls finish rising in a preheated 375 degree oven.
Place the rolls in the middle rack for about 18 minutes or until light brown. Take them out and place them on a cooling rack and allow them to rest and cool for about 15 minutes.
Now, for your glaze, add your cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar into a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Then, spread your icing mixture over your cooled rolls.
How to Store Apple Cinnamon Buns
You will want to keep these apple cinnamon buns in an airtight container. It is best to keep them stored in the refrigerator since they have a cream cheese frosting on top. If they are being eaten the same day, they can be kept out and eaten immediately.
How do You Keep Cinnamon Buns from Getting Hard?
To keep your Cinnamon buns from getting hard, you want to make sure to store them correctly. If they feel hard, you can also reheat them for just a few seconds in your microwave. You don’t want to cook them for too long or they will actually get harder.
More Apple Recipes
- No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Fireball Apple Pie
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, 1-teaspoon of the sugar and the warm water. Stir until combined. Let sit until mixture is foamy (about 5-min).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine warm softened butter, buttermilk, eggs, salt and the remainder of the sugar. Add in the yeast mixture and one cup of the flour, stirring until combined. Add in the rest of the flour, one cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 4 minutes. Place the dough ball into a large lightly greased bowl, turning once to coat the top. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Prepare the apple filling while the dough is rising. Simply mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Have diced apples ready.
- After dough has risen, punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to an 18x24-inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter over the dough surface, stopping about ½-inch from all edges. Spread the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over the butter. Sprinkle the apples across the brown sugar.
- Starting at one long edge, roll up the dough, keeping the roll tight. When you reach the end, seal the edge by pinching the dough together. Using a floured knife, cut the roll into 12- 2" pieces.
- Spray a large baking pan with sides with a non-stick cooking spray. Place each roll in pan, one inch apart. If you don't have a large enough pan, you may need to use two. Cover pan and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375°, about 15 minutes before rolls are finished rising.
- Bake rolls on the center rack of the oven for about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 15 min.
- For the icing, using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Spread over the cooled rolls.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.