Who all loves a big cut of some delicious cornbread? Maybe adding this as a side to your meal is a tradition. Well, how about we flip some switches and add a little twist to an incredible recipe. This unique and amazing Sausage Cornbread Stuffing may just become a new favorite in your household. The perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
This Sausage Cornbread is a perfect addition to any meal for any occasion. Your loved ones will be raging and begging for seconds. This recipe is full of flavor and mixed with the sweet taste of cornbread and the meaty and juicy flavor of sausage for quite a magnificent combination. You will want to write this recipe down for the books and share with your friends and family!
You are going to want to serve this sausage cornbread stuffing at Thanksgiving with Classic Green Bean Casserole and Fireball Whiskey Pumpkin Pie.
- Onion– You can choose whatever onion you think fits best.
- Celery– You will want to prepare your celery by chopping it.
- Bell pepper– You will want to use green bell pepper and have it chopped.
- Sausage– You will want to use breakfast sausage.
- Cornbread– You will want to make sure to have it crumbled.
- Chicken broth– This will soak up into the cornbread for incredible flavor.
- Egg– You want your eggs to be used at room temperature.
- Butter- You will want to use unsalted butter to control the salt in a recipe.
How to Make Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Melt the butter on medium heat in a big skillet.
Sauté the onion, celery, and pepper in the pan for 5 minutes.
Then, add in the sausage and brown the sausage and crumble.
Then, goes in the cornbread and mix everything together.
Mix in the egg to the stock using a whisk or fork.
Pour the stock over the cornbread mixture and mix to combine.
Add the mixture into a 9×13 greased pan and for 25 minutes, bake in the oven at 350 degrees.
Serve and Enjoy!
Is This Cooked Inside the Turkey?
This Sausage Cornbread Stuffing is cooked a bit differently. This stuffing is not cooked in a Turkey. This recipe is prepared and cooked in a greased pan, that is then baked in the oven.
What Sausage Goes Into Stuffing?
You have the option to choose whatever sausage you would like to have in this Cornbread Stuffing. However, this recipe calls for breakfast sausage specifically. This sausage is probably the best option is perfect for this flavor combination.
More Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – Super Creamy
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Mexican Cornbread Recipe (5-minute prep)
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Bourbon Apple Pie
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 16 ounce roll breakfast sausage
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt your butter.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in your sausage and brown and crumble.
- Next add in the cornbread and stir everything together.
- Whisk the egg into the chicken stock.
- Pour the chicken stock mix evenly over the cornbread mix and stir everything to combine.
- Pour stuffing mix into a greased 9x13 and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.