Avocado Deviled Eggs are hard boiled eggs using the yolk combined with avocado, fresh lime juice and seasonings for a flavorful creamy center. No mayo needed for this delicious variation of the classic.
Deviled Eggs with Avocado
These avocado deviled eggs make the perfect appetizer for a party, BBQ, picnic, or another occasion. This is a quick and delicious recipe and only uses a just a handful of ingredients to make it. I love how this deviled egg recipe uses avocado instead of mayonnaise. It’s a lighter way of making a classic deviled egg and a great snack for extra protein!
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs start out as hard-boiled eggs. The cooked eggs are then peeled, cut in half and mixed with other ingredients to make a creamy center. You can prepare hard boiled eggs by boiling them in a saucepan, prepare in a instant pot or you can bake hard boiled eggs in the oven.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Eggs: You will need to prepare 6 hard-boiled eggs by boiling them in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Avocados: These will add the main additional flavor and make the mixture very creamy.
- Lime Juice: I prefer to use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best flavoring.
- Seasonings: I like to use fresh cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with a little dash of paprika on top (for garnish – optional).
How To Make Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Step 1. Prepare your hard-boiled eggs and take off the outer shells. Cut the eggs vertically down the middle and gently take out the cook egg yolk in the middle.
- Step 2. Add the yolks and avocado to a mixing bowl and use a fork to mash and combine until smooth. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and combine until fully incorporated.
- Step 3. Use a spoon or piping bag to add the mixture into the center of each hard-boiled egg white. Top with a dash of paprika if desired.
Deviled Eggs Variations:
There are an array of ways to enjoy deviled eggs and these are just a few of our favorites:
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs, Guacamole, Bacon & Cheese, Southwestern, Ham & Cheddar and Dill Pickle.
More Egg Recipes:
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Starbucks Egg Bites
- Deviled Egg Chicks for Easter
- Ham and Egg Cups (Low-Carb)
- Easter Deviled Eggs
- Best Egg Salad
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs hard-boiled cut in half
- 2 large avocados
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 1 pinch of garlic powder to taste
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 pinch of pepper to taste
- sprinkle of paprika optional
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs.
- Slice the peeled eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the cooked yolks, placing the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado to the bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and stir together until blended.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the egg halves. Then sprinkle with paprika if desired.