Baked Churro Chips with Ganache
These Baked Churro Chips will be a family favorite. The sweet and crunchy chips are perfect for a delicious dessert. Bring these simple cinnamon sugar chips to a get together or pot luck dinner. Once you try these churro chips, you will make them over and over.
Baked Churro Chips
This baked Churro Chips recipe is a twist on the amazing snack that is called chips. This twist is a mix of delicious spices of churros and an amazing ganache dipping sauce. This sweet treat will be a great addition to your recipe book and an awesome recipe to share with your friends. If you love churros, you will also love Churros Disney Recipe, Churro Cupcakes Recipe, and Churro Cheesecake Bars.
- Heavy cream- The heavy cream is mixed with the ganache.
- Chocolate chips- You can use semi sweet or milk chocolate chips. Dark chocolate chips can also be used.
- Plain naan bread- This will be the base treat for your dessert.
- Butter- Best to use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- This will be mixed in with your cinnamon to top the chips.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon brings in the churro flavor.
How to Make Churro Chips
To start, you will need to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Heat up your cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle your chocolate chips into the heated cream and set aside for 5 minutes, then mix up your ingredients and set aside again.
Put your naan bread on the cookie sheet you prepared and use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the bread into strips or wedges. Allow then to bake for 12 to 14 minutes and halfway through cooking. Be sure to flip them over.
You can then mix together your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Then, in a different bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
You want your naan bread to still be warm before dipping each piece and then the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then, place back on to your cookie sheet.
When ready, serve with the chocolate ganache for dipping.
What Dips Can I Serve with Churro Chips?
The Churro Chips are delicious by themselves of course. But, there a three dipping sauces you can serve with your chips. Some options for sauces could be, spicy chocolate sauce, dulce de leche sauce, and mango sauce with a hint of lime.
Do I Need to Refrigerate Baked Churros?
Baked Churros are best when eaten quick. Churros are a type of doughnut and can be left out of the refrigerator. If the chips are stored in the refrigerator, they will become soggy. Be sure to place your baked Churros on paper towels to soak up oil.
More Simple Desserts
- Strawberry Lemon Icebox Dessert (No-Bake)
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Fun Cinnamon Chips with Watermelon Salsa
- Christmas Lasagna Dessert
- No-Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert
Baked Churro Chips with Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 plain naan bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat up the cream in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add the chocolate chips to the hot cream and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir the mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the naan on the prepared cookie sheet. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to slice each naan into wedges or strips. Bake for 12-14 minutes, flipping them halfway through baking.
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. While the naan is still warm, dip each piece in butter then the cinnamon sugar and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Serve with the chocolate ganache for dipping.