These Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Meatballs are full of meatballs that are topped with tangy BBQ sauce and sweet pineapple juice will have your family and friends digging in and not stopping until they are all gone. If you are looking for an easy meatball appetizer for an upcoming event, this is THE recipe you will want to have on hand!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
This meatball appetizer recipe is super simple to make and only has 5 ingredients in total. And it’s the type of recipe that is so good that your taste buds will be jumping with joy with the wonderful blend of flavors in these meatballs. Your guests will be begging you for the recipe!
Appetizers should taste like you spent hours over a hot stove preparing them but not actually TAKE hours to make. That’s why I love finding delicious appetizer recipes that are tasty, easy to make, and something that will allow my guests to mingle easily. If you are always on the lookout for new appetizer recipes, I have a few that I think you will really enjoy! Such as my Grape Jelly Meatballs, these Bacon Wrapped Smokies, my Chicken Wings, and my Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups.
- Meatballs- You can use frozen or make your own homemade meatballs.
- BBQ sauce– This adds a sweet, tangy, and smoky flavor to the recipe. Use store bought or homemade.
- Pineapple preserves- This will add a sweet and slightly tangy taste to the meatballs.
- Brown sugar- Adds richness to your recipe.
- Parsley- This will be used for a topping
How to Make Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
Use cookie spray to grease your slow cooker and add in the meatballs.
Add the BBQ sauce, pineapple, and brown sugar into a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
Add the sauce over the meatballs and coat well by mixing.
You will cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours and stirring occasionally.
When done, top with parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Can I Make These BBQ Meatballs in the Instant Pot Instead?
These Pineapple BBQ Meatballs are made in a slow cooker. This will allow the juices and sauces to slowly marinate into your meatballs for a great flavor and juicy texture. However, you can use an Instant Pot if you want them to cook a bit faster.
Do I Use Fresh or Canned Pineapple?
You will be using Pineapple Preserves for a sweet and tangy flavor to your meatballs. You can use either canned or fresh pineapples for this recipe. But, fresh is always best and will give the best flavor.
MORE MEATBALL RECIPES
- Swedish Meatballs
- Meatball Pasta Bake
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Baked Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Dr. Pepper Meatballs
Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Parsley for topping
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the meatballs in your slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix together the bbq sauce, pineapple preserves, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs in the slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high 2-3 hours, stirring every now and then.
- When ready to serve, top with the chopped parsley.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.