If you are on social media I am sure you have seen this new TikTok Wrap idea. This BBQ Chicken Quesadilla is a super-easy way to make a grilled wrap with all your wrap ingredients inside. It is so simple and delicious, you won’t make them any other way again.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
This new hack is such a quick way to make a fast and delicious wrap in minutes. With only a knife, tortilla, and your other wrap ingredients, you will fill the tortilla in 4 quarter sections and use the knife to cut a slit from the center to one of the edges. After a simple set of folds, you will have a tasty wrap to enjoy in no time. If you have had the chance of making this delicious BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe, you can use the leftover chicken to make this wrap. You can decide to make the BBQ sauce like it is in that recipe or have the option of trying this Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe,
- Tortilla- You will need a large 10-inch tortilla.
- Sour Cream- This will add a bit of creamy and rich texture.
- Tortilla Chips- This will be for an added crunch in the wrap.
- Tomatoes- You will need to get cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Onion- You will use red onion and cut it into slices.
- BBQ pulled chicken– You can use this chicken recipe or your choice of meat.
- Cheese– You will need shredded Mexican cheese for this recipe.
How to Make a BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Put one tortilla on a cutting board and cut halfway into the tortilla starting from the center with a pizza cutter or large knife.
Spread out some of the sour creams on the left quarter next to the slice that you made. Place a few tortilla chips on top of the sour cream.
Going in a clockwise direction, begin filling each section. On the top left quadrant, place the tomatoes and onions.
In the top-right quadrant, you will place the chicken. Then, in the bottom right is where the cheese will go.
Begin folding each section on top of each other. (Look at the pictures for help)
Fold the sour cream quadrant over the veggies, then the veggies over the chicken, and the chicken fold down on the cheese quadrant.
Put the folded wrap on a skillet over medium to low heat. Cook both sides of the wrap for 2-3 minutes on each side until light brown.
You can eat this recipe whole or choose to cut it in half.
Serve and enjoy with your choice of dipping sauces such as salsa, guacamole, or more sour cream. This is great with our Cilantro Lime Coleslaw.
How to Shred Chicken
Shredding the chicken is a very simple process. If you have made the BBQ Chicken Sandwich, you may already know how to shred your chicken. The simplest way to shred your chicken is by using two forks or your hands. If you happen to have bear claws, you can use those to shred the chicken as well. You can also use a mixer to beat the chicken and it shreds easily.
What is a TikTok Tortilla Wrap?
All a TikTok wrap is, is a recipe learned off of the Tiktok app. A wrap made to be a ‘hack’ recipe to make your life a bit easier. By cutting a slice into the tortilla you get a quick and easy way to fold up all your ingredients and hold them in.
More Wrap Recipes:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
- BBQ Air Fryer Sausage and Potatoes
- Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs
- Air Fryer Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 10- inch tortilla
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 to rtilla chips
- 2 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoon red onion slices
- ¼ cup BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board and use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut halfway into the tortilla once.
- On the left quarter next to the cut, spread out the sour cream and top with the tortilla chips.
- Add the tomatoes and red onion to the top left quadrant.
- Add the chicken to the top right quadrant.
- Add cheese to the bottom right quadrant.
- Fold the sour cream and chips section up over the veggies.
- Fold that section over the top of the chicken.
- Then folder down over the cheese.
- Place in a skillet over low to medium heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the tortilla is crisp and golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.
- Enjoy it whole or slice in half. Serve with salsa and guacamole.