Rich, chewy brownies and sweet, creamy cheesecake come together to create this amazing Brownie Bottom Cheesecake. So easy to make and incredibly delicious, you’ll absolutely love this recipe!
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
Can’t decide between brownies and cheese cake? Have both! This brownie bottom cheesecake is so simple to make and yet really an impressive dessert–the kind that will have everyone asking for the recipe.
Be sure to check out these delicious recipes: Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake | Chocolate Flourless Cookies | Strawberry Cream Cake | Banana Cream Cheesecake Bars
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Brownie Bottom Cheesecake (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Brownie mix – batter prepared according to the package directions. You’ll likely need eggs, water, and oil.
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Hot fudge sauce
How to Make Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
You’ll want to use a springform pan for the best presentation, but if you do not have one you can use a 9-inch round pan instead. Grease the pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the prepared brownie batter into the pan.
Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, then add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix well. Gently scoop the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter in the pan. I did this with a spatula, spreading carefully so the brownie batter didn’t get mixed into the cheesecake layer.
Bake the cheesecake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325ºF and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Scoop room temperature hot fudge sauce (find it in the ice cream topping section of the grocery store) into a piping bag or a zip top bag with the corner cut off. Pipe the sauce all over the top of the cheesecake. I went for a wild circles pattern because I like how that looks on the individual slices of cheesecake (see picture below for example).
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep leftover cheesecake in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Although Brownie Bottom Cheesecake is so perfect as it is, here are some great variations and serving ideas if you want to add your own touch:
- Mini chocolate chips – add 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to either the cheesecake batter or the brownie batter. Be sure you don’t use milk chocolate as it will not hold up well to the baking time.
- Turtle cheesecake – top the finished cheesecake with semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped toasted pecans, and then a drizzle of caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce.
- Garnish – serve the cheesecake with whipped cream, toasted pecans or walnuts, and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Walnuts – add 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts to the brownie batter.
- Peanut butter cups – chop peanut butter cups and sprinkle them over the top of the finished cheesecake.
- Fresh berries – pile fresh raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries on top of the finished cheesecake, then drizzle with the hot fudge sauce. Add fresh mint leaves for garnish.
More Recipes You Will Love
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- 1 brownie box mix batter prepared according to package directions
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened (I used 2 8-ounce packages)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the brownie batter evenly into the pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Scoop the cream cheese mixture over top of the brownie batter and gently spread out to cover the brownie batter.
- Bake the cheesecake at 350F for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325F and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature in the pan before removing the springform pan.
- Scoop the hot fudge sauce into a piping bag (or a zip top bag with the corner cut off) and pipe onto the top of the cheesecake. Cut and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 9 or 10 inch springform pan