The Best White Queso Dip
Looking for a restaurant-quality cheese dip for tortilla chips? The Best White Queso Dip is just as good as it sounds! Melted cheese and cream with spices and peppers, perfectly hot and creamy and ready to enjoy in minutes.
White Queso Dip
Everyone loves the queso and chips at our favorite Mexican restaurants, and now we can make it at home! The Best White Queso Dip is so similar to our restaurant favorite and it’s super quick to make in one skillet. Serve this cheese sauce over nachos, on top of burritos and tacos, or for dipping chips and taquitos.
Here’s what you’ll need to make The Best White Queso Dip (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- White American cheese – you’ll find this specific type of American cheese at the deli counter in your local grocery store. These are not American cheese singles–this is good cheese from the deli.
- Half & half – you can also use half milk and half heavy cream.
- Pickled jalapeños – these are the type of jalapeños you would typically find served with nachos. Find them in the Mexican food aisle of the grocery store, or with the pickles and olives.
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper – this is optional and will make your queso just a little bit spicy.
- Chili powder
How to Make White Queso Dip
Chop or tear each slice of cheese into four pieces and place the cheese into a large skillet. Add the half & half.
Heat the cheese and half & half in the skillet over low heat. Stir often until the cheese is melted.
Next, add the diced jalapeños to mixture along with 2 teaspoons of the juice from the jar.
Add the spices and stir until well combined.
Serve this queso recipe hot with chips.
Ways to Serve Queso Blanco
Tortilla chips are always a great way to enjoy homemade queso dip, but here are some other ideas:
- Burritos – pour the hot queso over top of burritos.
- Nachos – use this homemade queso recipe to top your nachos instead of store-bought cheese sauce.
- Taquitos – bake frozen taquitos in the oven or air fryer while you make this queso, then serve them with the dip.
- Tacos – this cheese sauce is a delicious taco topping!
How to Store Leftover Homemade Queso
Keep the leftover white queso dip in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet over low heat.
More Recipes You’ll Love
The Best White Queso Dip
- 1 pound white American cheese from the deli counter
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Chop or tear each slice of cheese into four pieces and place the cheese into a large skillet. Add the half & half.
- Heat the cheese and half & half in the skillet over low heat. Stir often until the cheese is melted.
- Add the diced jalapeños to mixture along with 2 teaspoons of the juice from the jar.
- Stir in the spices until well combined. Serve hot.