These Chicken Fajita Nachos will be the best addition to taco night with your loved ones. These Nachos are packed with flavor and texture and are perfect for any occasion, especially the people you know who love Nachos.
Chicken Fajita Nachos
These Fajita Nachos are so delicious! You have tender and juicy seasoned chicken with perfectly cooked vegetables. Added on top is sour cream, Mexican cheese, salsa, and guacamole. You can add freshly squeezed lime on top to add even more flavor.
- Olive Oil- You can substitute this with vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Bell Pepper- You will need a red pepper and green pepper sliced into strips.
- Onion- You will need a white onion sliced into strips.
- Seasoning mix- This will need to be the fajita mix.
- Water- This will be added to the meat to season it with the fajita mix.
- Lime Juice- Use fresh lime juice for the best flavoring.
- Chicken- You will need boneless and skinless chicken sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Tortilla Chips- This will be the base of the nachos to scoop up all the meat and toppings into your mouth.
- Cheese- Use Mexican style cheese for the best results.
- Optional Toppings- Jalapenos, salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
How to Make Fajitas Nachos
Put about 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet. Place the saucepan on medium-high and put in the peppers and onions for approximately 5 minutes until tender and a bit browned.
Place the cookies veggies into a large bowl and place them aside.
Put the rest of the oil into the skillet with the chicken and cook the meat for around 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Add the seasoning and water into a small bowl, then add in the cooked chicken and stir or toss to coat the chicken.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice and keep cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce is thick.
Place some tortilla chips on a baking sheet about medium-sized. Place the chicken and veggies on top and add some cheese on top, then set your oven to broil and bake for 2 to 4 minutes to melt.
Take out the Nachos and add your preferred toppings or serve on the side.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can These Be Made With Different Meats?
This Nacho recipe is made with chicken which is one of the very fitting meats for Nachos. However, if you want to add different types of meat, you can change it. You can replace the chicken with beef, steak, pork, and other meats of your choosing.
What Toppings Go On Fajita Nachos?
The best part of Nachos is the toppings. The toppings add so much more texture and flavor to your nachos. You can add things like olives, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, peppers, and other veggies of your choice.
More Mexican Style Recipes
- Mexican Macaroni Ham Salad
- Tater Tot Casserole (15-Minute Prep)
- Mexican Apple Pecan Salad
- Skillet Mexican Corn Dip
Chicken Fajita Nachos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 large white onion halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1½ lbs trimmed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 40 to rtilla chips
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- Jalapeno pepper optional
- Salsa optional
- Guacamole optional
- Sour cream optional
- Add 1½ tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the peppers and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are soft and begin to get brown spots. Transfer the vegetable to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet along with the chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the seasoning and water and then add to the chicken and stir to coat. Add in the lime juice and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes until the slurry has thickened on the chicken.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a medium baking pan with a rim. Top with the vegetables and chicken, then sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil for 2 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the top is bubbly.
- Add toppings like peppers, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream to the nachos or serve on the side.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.