Grandma’s Pecan Pie Recipe
This is the BEST Pecan Pie recipe that you will ever make and it’s so Easy! Just like Grandma used to make. A tried and true classic that’s a definitely keeper. I love serving this pecan pie on Thanksgiving and Christmas. This pairs well with our Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes and Apple Slab Pie.
Pecan Pie Recipe
We have made and tried a LOT of pecan pie recipes and this one is by far the best. We add in a bit of orange zest to this recipe which makes this one extra special, but it’s totally optional and is delicious without it. However, we highly suggest adding it in to make this pie really stand out.
Easy Pecan Pie
This pie is SO EASY to make! It’s practically fool proof. We kept this one very simple by using a pre-made refrigerated pie crust. However, you can always add in your favorite homemade pie crust recipe. You prepare the crust according to the package direction and pop it in the fridge while preparing the filling. The whole prep time is only 10 minutes!
Chocolate Pecan Pie: add a cup of semi-sweet chocolate and cut back on the pecans about 1/2 cup.
Bourbon Pecan Pie: omit the vanilla extract and add 1 tablespoon of a good quality bourbon.
- You can toast the pecans before hand to add extra flavor.
- Use a whisk by hand when mixing so you don’t overly beat it.
- Cover the outside edges of the crust with foil or a pie crust shield for at least 35-40 mins. Then remove it for the remaining baking time to get the perfectly brown crust.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing.
- The pie is done when a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The filling will still seem a just a bit wiggly (not too much), but that’s normal. The pie will continue cooking a bit even after removed from the oven, so make sure not to overbake it!
Grandma's Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving; optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place the pre-made pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Lightly prick bottom of the crust with a fork. Place in the fridge and chill until firm, at least 30 minutes (or freeze no longer than 10 minutes).
- Melt the butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugars, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, zest (optional), and salt. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl, then combine with the corn syrup mixture.
- Place the pecan halves in the chilled pie shell and then pour the filling mixture evenly over them.
- Cover your pie with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until center is set and not overly wiggly. Check it often.
- Remove from the oven when done and set on a wire rack to cool for about 1 hour, then refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Pie can be made 1-2 days ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
We love to top this pie with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream while it’s still warm.
Other Delicious Pecan recipes that you may love…