Easy Cheeseburger Puffs
These easy Easy Cheeseburger Puffs are the perfect lunch or snack. Top them with your favorite cheeseburger toppings to make them your own!
I’m Holly from Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com and I’ve created a super easy Cheeseburger Puffs recipe that I know you’re going to love! Even though it’s from scratch, it only takes a few minutes of prep!
I have a thing for handheld snacks, like Cheeseburger Bombs and Meatball Poppers because they’re easy to eat, versatile and make the perfect lunch or afterschool snack! I know you guys love burgers… (and you can find some of the cutest ever burger ideas here on Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons!!)
This recipe puts a twist on the Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Puffs I’ve been making for years. Zesty barbecue beef, seasonings and loads of gooey cheese in one handheld little bite! Not only are these perfect for a quick meal, but they reheat in seconds meaning a quick lunch or afterschool snack ready when you are!
I top mine with pickles and a drizzle of barbecue sauce but they’re great with tomato slices or dipped in ketchup or mustard! My kids prefer these over store bought Pizza Pops and to be honest, I love that they’re easily made from scratch!
You can find me on
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cheddar cheese strings
- pickles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin pan very well.
- Brown onion and ground beef until no pink remains. Drain well.
- Add barbecue sauce and cook on low until sauce thickens. Cool completely.
- Combine flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add in milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese and beef. Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide among 9 muffin wells. Cut each cheese string into 3 pieces and gently press 1 piece into the center of each muffin. Cover with batter.
- Bake 19-21 minutes until lightly browned and puffed.
A few More Recipes You’ll Love
Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs – Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Porcupine Burgers – Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie – Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Minion Stuffed Peppers -Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons