These easy Easy Cheeseburger Puffs are the perfect lunch or snack. Top them with your favorite cheeseburger toppings to make them your own!
Mini Cheeseburger Cups
I’m Holly from SpendWithPennies.com and I’ve created a super easy Cheeseburger Puffs recipe that I know you’re going to love! Even though it’s from scratch, it only takes a few minutes of prep! This recipe has zesty barbecue beef, seasonings and loads of gooey cheese in one handheld little bite! Not only are these perfect for a quick meal, but they reheat in seconds meaning a quick lunch or afterschool snack ready when you are!
If you are cheeseburger fanatics like I am, you will also want to try our Big Mac Cheeseburger Cups, Bacon Cheeseburger Bites, Cheeseburger Soup, Cheeseburger Dip and Cheeseburger Casserole.
Ingredients You Will Need:
Ground Beef: you can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
Sauce: we use barbecue sauce and it’s delicious! You can also experiment with other sauces if you prefer.
Dry ingredients: you’ll need all-purpose flour and baking powder.
Wet ingredients: milk and egg.
Seasonings: minced onion, onion powder and parsley
Cheese: shredded cheddar cheese and string cheddar cheese.
Pickles: this is optional, but puts this yummy cheeseburger appetizer over the top!
How To Make Cheeseburger Puffs:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown onion and ground beef.
- Add barbecue sauce and cook on low until sauce thickens.
- Combine dry ingredients and spices. Mix in milk and egg and combine.
- Stir in shredded cheese and beef.
- Divide among 9 muffin cups. Cut each cheese string into 3 pieces and into the center of each cup. Cover with batter.
- Bake 19-21 minutes until lightly browned.
Toppings for Cheeseburger Puffs:
I top mine with pickles and a drizzle of barbecue sauce but they’re great with tomato slices or dipped in ketchup or mustard! My kids prefer these over store bought Pizza Pops and to be honest, I love that they’re easily made from scratch!
Other Appetizer Recipes:
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cheddar cheese strings
- pickles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin pan very well.
- Brown onion and ground beef until no pink remains. Drain well.
- Add barbecue sauce and cook on low until sauce thickens. Cool completely.
- Combine flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add in milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in shredded cheese and beef. Allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide among 9 muffin wells. Cut each cheese string into 3 pieces and gently press 1 piece into the center of each muffin. Cover with batter.
- Bake 19-21 minutes until lightly browned and puffed.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
9 comments on “Easy Cheeseburger Puffs”
These are so versatile that instead of ground beef I’ve used ground turkey an chicken with different spices an herbs an it’s just fantastic. Thank u for sharing.
These are amazing!!!!
Made these tonight with the grandkids (4 & 5). We all had fun and they’re enjoying them now.
Can these be baked & then frozen? With only 2 folks it makes more than we could/should eat!!
It’s like muffin hihi cute
I’d love to try this recipe (mini-muffin size) for a summer party but would need to make a day or so ahead of time. They would be reheated just before serving. Any ideas why this shouldn’t work? Thanks!
Found this on pinterest – are these mini muffins are normal size?
This looks delicious. My grandchildren will love these.