If you love Chick Fil A Nuggets, you are going to love making these Copycat Air Fryer Chick Fil A Nuggets. With all the same flavor, you can enjoy this much lighter version of your favorite chicken nuggets at home. A much healthier version, these chicken nuggets are perfect for anyone looking for a less greasy option to fast food.
Serve these chicken nuggets with Air Fryer Apple Fries for a deliciously healthy dinner.
Copycat Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
These Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets are so good, you could eat the whole basket full. They’re crunchy and tender, and just delicious. These are a close second to Chick Fil A nuggets, but since they are made in the air fryer, you don’t have all the grease of fried food, but still have the flavor. You could serve these on a buffet table, as an appetizer, or an entree, but no matter where you serve them, they’re sure to be a favorite!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Smoked paprika
- Powdered sugar
- Olive oil spray
How to Make Air Fryer Chick Fil A Nuggets
Cut the chicken in bite sized pieces and season with garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper.
Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until it is a lemon yellow in color and frothy.
Add the flour and powdered sugar into a ziplock bag.
Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then place it in the flour bag.
Shake the chicken in the flour mixture to coat the chicken.
Place the coated chicken into the basket of the Air Fryer and then spray the chicken with the Olive Oil Spray.
Set the timer to 12 minutes and bake the chicken. Halfway through, flip the chicken and spray the other side.
Remove the chicken and place it on a serving dish.
Do Chick Fil A Nuggets Have Pickle Juice?
It is said that the Chick Fil A Nuggets are marinated in pickle juice. I chose not to marinate these chicken nuggets because I have found that while it does add a slight bit more to the taste, I didn’t want to invest the extra time since it did not add a lot of extra flavor.
Can I Spray My Air Fryer Basket with Nonstick Spray?
When you are making the Chick FIl A Nuggets in the Air Fryer, you will be spraying the chicken with olive oil spray. You can also spray the Air Fryer Basket if you need to. It does not cause harm to the basket.
Copycat Air Fryer Chick Fil A Nuggets
- 1 - 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Spray Olive oil
- First; Cut the chicken in bite size pieces, sprinkle with the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Break the egg in a medium size bowl, and beat the egg with a whisk until it's a lemon yellow color, and frothy.
- Add milk to egg and stir well.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the flour and powdered sugar, and shake to mix.
- Dip the chicken in the milk/egg mixture, and drop the chicken pieces into the bag of flour/powdered sugar.
- When you have several pieces of chicken in the bag (probably 20 pieces), twist the top of the bag so the flour doesn't spill out, and gently shake the chicken pieces in the bag to coat.
- Place the breaded chicken pieces in the basket of the air fryer and spray the pieces with the Spray Olive Oil until they're coated.
- Set the Air Fryer temperature on 375, and set the time to 12 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces half way through baking, and spray the other side with the Spray Olive Oil.
- When the pieces of chicken are done, remove from the air fryer to a serving plate, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Copycat Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Nuggets”
Worth all of the mess and prep! Deliciousness!