This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad is so amazing and simple to put together. You will have a wonderful blend of ingredients that adds so much flavor to this dish. You will have a tasty salad in just under 15 minutes start to finish.
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
Brussel Sprout are not normally a favorite for children and many others, however, I have learned that when you had a variety of ingredients into a recipe that calls for brussels sprouts, that it will often become a family favorite recipe. If the idea of a salad really isn’t your think our Brussel Sprouts with Bacon is a hearty side dish that is savory and flavorful. Now, even though this recipe is also a Brussels Sprouts Salad, this recipe features apples, cranberries, and Pomegranate Seeds!
Now, ready to get down to the reason you stopped by, our Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Bacon.
- Bacon- You will need to use thick-cut bacon for this recipe
- Brussel Sprouts- For best results, use fresh Brussel Sprouts for this recipe.
- Red Onion- The onion needs to be thinly sliced.
- Cranberries- You will need to use dried cranberries for this recipe.
- Goat cheese- Crumbled cheese works best for this.
- Walnuts- You will need to have your walnuts chopped.
- Garlic Cloves- You can either mince your garlic or buy it already minced.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- This type of vinegar adds a tangy flavor to your recipe.
- Granulated sugar- This will add sweetener to your recipe.
- Mustard- You will need to use whole grain mustard for this recipe.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pepper- The pepper will be for additional taste.
How to Make a Brussel Sprout Salad
Begin to cook your bacon until crispy. While your bacon is cooking, start to shave the sprouts with a knife. Cut off the stem and then slice into very thin slices. You could also use a mandolin, but be very cautious!
In a large bowl, add the sprouts, onion, cranberries, cheese, and walnuts together and set aside. Cut up the bacon and add it to the ingredients in the bowl.
Leave the grease from the cooked bacon in the pan and add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant over medium-low heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour in the vinegar, sugar, and mustard and mix to combine using a whisk.
Begin to toss the salad with half of the vinaigrette. Taste your salad and if needed, add more salt and pepper for taste and then combine again. Then, when finished, serve your salad with the rest of the vinaigrette and add more if desired.
This is a lightly dressed salad with the option of more dressing on the side. The salad itself has lots of big, bold flavors that I personally enjoy it being lightly dressed. But, others may like more epic bacon dressing!
How do I Shave Brussel Sprouts?
It is very simple to shave Brussels Sprouts. You can use a sharp knife to shave the sprouts. You will need to cut the wooded end of the sprouts one at a time and then begin the shave and slice them.
What Mix-ins can I Add?
This Brussels Sprouts recipe is full of ingredients. You will not need many add-ins because it is already packed with so many flavors. But, if you wanted to add-in anything you could add different types of meats like turkey or chicken or more veggies.
What to Serve with Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon cooked crispy, bacon grease reserved
- 1 pound fresh Brussel sprouts
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon crispy, while it cooks, shave the Brussel Sprouts using a sharp knife, first trimming the stems then slicing extremely thin. Alternatively, you can use a mandolin, but be extremely careful!
- Place the Brussel sprouts, red onion, cranberries, goat cheese, and walnuts in a large bowl, set aside. Chop up the bacon and add to the bowl.
- In the pan that you cooked the bacon, leave the bacon grease, over medium-low heat add the garlic, and saute until fragrant, 1 minute. Take off the heat and add the apple cider vinegar, sugar, and mustard, whisk until combined.
- Toss the salad with half of the vinaigrette. Taste, add salt and pepper to taste if needed, and toss again to combine. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette on the side so your guests can add more if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.