When you need to whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies in a hurry, Cake Mix Cookie Bars are a perfect solution! Only 4-ingredients – cake mix, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips come together to create a these soft and chewy cookie bars that are always such a huge hit.
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Nothing quite like homemade chocolate chip cookies with an ice cold glass of milk or a hot mug of coffee. When the craving hits, this recipe for Cake Mix Cookie Bars (aka Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars) is here to help! A whole pan of chocolate chip cookie bars is just 4 ingredients and 30 minutes away with this recipe.
There are so many ways to make Cake Mix Cookies! These are some of our favorites: Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies | Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies | Pumpkin Cookies | Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies | Lemon Cake Mix Cookies with Cream Cheese
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cake Mix Cookie Bars (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
Yellow cake mix – any brand you like will work.
Eggs – we used large eggs.
Butter – regular salted butter is just right for this recipe.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – be sure to use semi-sweet chocolate chips and not milk chocolate which will easily burn while the cookie bars bake. Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or even chocolate chunks) give these bars the familiar chocolate flavor we all love.
How to Make Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside for when you’re ready to use it.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry cake mix with the melted butter and eggs until well combined.
Fold in chocolate chips. The batter will be very thick.
Spread the batter into greased baking pan.
Tip: lightly coat a spatula or your clean hand with cooking spray or vegetable oil and press the dough down into the pan.
Bake the cookie bars at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice into squares to serve.
Cookie Bar Sundae
Chocolate chip cookie bars make an amazing base for a cookie bar sundae! Here are some ideas for creating your own:
Ice cream – we used vanilla, but any flavors you love will be delicious.
Fresh sliced bananas and strawberries
Chopped peanuts or pecans
How to Store Leftover Cookie Bars
Keep the leftover cookie bars in an airtight food storage container. They will stay fresh at room temperature for up to five days, or freeze for up to three months.
More Recipes You Will Love
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- 1 box 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry cake mix with the melted butter and eggs until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into greased baking pan (it will be thick!). Tip: lightly coat a spatula or your clean hand with cooking spray or vegetable oil and press the dough down into the pan.
- Bake the cookie bars at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice into squares to serve.