This Cherry Bread Pudding is a easy and delectable bread pudding recipe is made with biscuits soaked in a delicious mixture, cherry pie filling and served with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Easy Bread Pudding Recipe
This is a warm bread pudding dessert that is perfect for a chilly winter day or any other time of year. The sweet and sticky texture is heavenly and every bite makes you want more. I love serving warm desserts like this with a big scoop of ice cream! This is a treat that you and the kids can enjoy with many different ways to make it.
If you love cherry pie, check out these other delicious recipes including Cherry Pie Bars, Air Fryer Cherry Pie Won Tons, Cherry Pie Brownie Cheesecake Bars and Cherry Pie Cupcakes.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Biscuits: I like to use leftover biscuits that are a few days old.
Cherry Pie Filling: You can use canned or make your own homemade recipe.
Half n Half: This will make the recipe very moist and delicious.
How To Make Cherry Bread Pudding
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use spray oil to grease an 8×8-inch baking dish. Separate the leftover biscuits and place them into the prepared dish. Place dollops of half the cherry filling randomly on top of the biscuits. Add the milk, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl and combine. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuits and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes.
Step 2. Press the biscuits down gently to make sure they are soaking up. Place in the oven for 40 minutes to bake. Once done, remove it from the oven and top it with the rest of the pie filling, and serve with ice cream if desired.
Variations & Substitutions For Biscuit Bread Pudding
You can use some of the suggestions below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- You can use any type of pie filling for this recipe; blueberry, apple or strawberry are great options.
- Use milk instead of half n half.
- To make this recipe even sweeter, you can use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- For some crunchy texture, you can add some nuts like almonds.
Tips & Tricks
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can keep this dessert up to 4 days in the fridge.
- This bread tastes the best when eaten warm, so to reheat, place in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
More Bread Pudding Recipes:
- Bourbon Donut Bread Pudding
- Banana Bread Pudding (Slow Cooker)
- Instant Pot Apple Bread Pudding
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Cherry Bread Pudding
- 8 biscuits cooked leftover, best if they are a few days old
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar soft, if you want it sweeter you can use white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice-cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with spray oil. Break up the biscuits and put them into the baking dish
- Using half of the cheery pie filling place dollops of the filling randomly on top of the biscuits. In a large bowl mix together the milk, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla..Pour the mixture over the biscuits and let it sit for ten minutes so it can soak in. Gently press down the biscuits to make sure they are soaking up the mixture.
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. When you take it out of the oven pour the remaining cherry pie filling on top and serve with vanilla ice cream (optional)
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.