Cherries! Juicy, sweet, and delicious! You have to make these Cherry Pie Cupcakes. So easy to make and the taste is phenomenal. Let’s add a little more love to your favorite dessert with beautiful heart-shaped cherries.
Cherry Pie Cupcakes
One bite of these amazing cherry pie cupcakes and this is going to become one of your favorite recipes. Incredible easy to make, but your friends and family will think you spend hours and hours making them this amazing dessert.
I love adding pie filling to cupcakes. Some of my other favorite cupcake recipes are Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe, Peach Pie Cupcakes, and Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes.
- Butter Yellow Cake mix- Using this cake mix will save more time while making this recipe
- Water- This water is what is used in for the cake mix
- Unsalted butter- Always use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar is the best sugar for homemade buttercream frosting.
- Pure vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for best flavor
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream gives the right consistency to your frosting
- Cherry pie filling- Use a store bought Cherry filling or your choice of your favorite recipe for the filling
- Graham cracker crumbs- You can choose to make your own crumbs or buy pre-made graham crackers at the store
How to Make Cherry Pie Cupcakes
Beat together the cake ingredients until it is smooth.
Add the batter to the cupcake liners.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 19 minutes.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
Beat together the frosting ingredients until it forms stiff peaks.
Use an ice cream scooper to add frosting to the top of the cupcakes and then coat the buttercream in crumbs.
Add the cherry pie filling on top in the center of the cupcakes.
What Icing is Best on Cherry Pie Cupcakes?
I love a creamy and sweet but not too sweet frosting on to my cupcakes. That is why I like to make this homemade buttercream frosting for the cherry pie cupcakes.
Do These Cupcakes Have to Be Refrigerated?
Fresh fruits would need to be refrigerated, but being that this recipe only calls for Cherry pie filling which have already been processed and cooked, which will allow them to be able to be left out for a day or two. But when cooled in a refrigerator, the cupcakes will last longer than at room temperature.
More Cherry Recipes
- Cherry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Mixed Cherry Berry Jam (Instant Pot)
- Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
- Cherry Lemonade Cocktail
Cherry Pie Cupcakes
- 1 box Butter Yellow Cake mix
- 1 C water
- 1/3 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 C unsalted butter softened
- 4 ½ C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 - 6 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- 13.5 oz graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed
- Scoop ¾ batter into the liners
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Allow to cool completely
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream and vanilla until smooth and stiff with peaks
- Scoop some frosting using the ice cream scoop onto the cupcakes
- Pour the box of graham cracker crumbs into a large bowl
- Coat the frosting into the crumbs
- Scoop some Cherry pie filling onto the top center of the cupcake
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Cupcake pan
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.