If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, look no further than these air fryer cherry pie wontons! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these wontons are crispy on the outside and burst with sweet cherry filling on the inside. Plus, they come together in just minutes – perfect for when you need a last-minute dessert!
Cherry Pie Wontons Made In The Air Fryer
These Air Fryer wontons are so good and a great option when you are craving a quick and easy dessert in minutes. These Cherry Pie Wontons are a bomb of flavor and only have a few steps to make them. Make these for any occasion and since that is so easy to make, making these for a crowd of people would be so simple to do if you need a dessert for a party.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Powdered Sugar: This is the best sugar to use when needing a frosting with a smooth consistency.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Cherry Pie Filling– This is the filling for the pie. You can change it up to whatever pie you like.
How To Make Cherry Pie Wontons
Step 1. Cut a large piece of parchment paper and place it onto the counter and put the wonton wrappers on top. Place the butter into a heat-safe dish to melt and use a brush to brush the edges of the wrappers. Use a spoon to add some cherry pie filling into the middle of the wrappers.
Step 2. Use your fingers to pinch and seal the wrappers by pulling up the opposite ends to the middle and bringing each of the corners to a point.
Use the spray oil to grease the basket of the air fryer and set the prepared wontons inside.
Step 3. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the prepared wontons and set the air fryer to 350 degrees to bake for 8 minutes. Check them halfway or at the 4-minute mark. When lightly brown, take out and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Use Other Filling For These Cherry Pie Wontons?
Although cherry pie is one of my favorite fillings for this recipe. Yes, you can use other fillings to add to the center. You can even follow this recipe Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons to make the best blueberry cheesecake wontons. You can also add other fillings if you desire.
Can I Bake These Cherry Pie Wontons In The Oven?
Cooking these Wontons is super fast and easy. And, cooking them in the Air Fryer helps the process of making these a lot faster. But, if you do not have an Air Fry, an oven will do just fine.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs
- Gingerbread Cream Horns (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Smores Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons
Air Fryer Cherry Pie Wontons
- Place a large piece of Parchment paper on the counter, and lay the Wonton Wrappers on the Parchment paper. Melt the butter in the Microwave, and brush the melted butter around the edges of the Wrappers. Fill the middle of the Wrappers with a spoonful of Cherry Pie Filling. Pinch the ends together, pulling up opposite ends and pinching them together in the center, and all four corners are pulled up into a point. Spray the Air Fryer basket with Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray, and place the Wontons in the Air Fryer. Sprinkle the Cinnamon Sugar on the top of the Wontons, and Air Fry for 8 minutes at 350 degrees, checking the Wontons halfway through cooking, or at about 4 minutes.
- When wontons are golden brown, remove them from the Air Fryer, and sprinkle them with Powdered Sugar. Serve, and Enjoy!