I love having simple and quick lunches or snacks for the kids that don’t require too much work and these Ham and Cheese Sticks are just that! Ham and cheese crescent rolls are filled with deli ham, melted cheddar cheese and brushed with a savory butter glaze.
Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
This recipe is family-friendly and sure to be a hit! This is an easy and hassle-free recipe that can be made in no time to enjoy any time or day of the week. The soft and fluffy crescent dough is the perfect texture to blend with the cheesy and savory ham. This is a recipe you and the kids will enjoy, even the pickiest of eaters will want you to make these all the time.
You will also love lots of our other easy snack recipes including Pizza Egg Rolls, Crack Chicken Pinwheels, Garlic Bread Sloppy Joes, Big Mac Cheeseburger Cups and Cheesy Bacon Bombs.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Crescent Dough Sheets: You can buy store-bought or make your own homemade dough if you have the ingredients.
Ham: I like to use deli ham cut into slices, but you can use leftover ham too.
Cheese: Cheddar is my preferred type to use for this recipe because it melts really well, but you can use other kinds.
Butter Sauce: You will combine butter, worcheshire sauce, dijon mustard, dried minced onion or onion powder, and poppy seeds to brush on top of the sticks for flavor.
How To Make Hame and Cheese Sticks
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the dough and slice each sheet into 4 pieces so that you have a total of 8 pieces. Divide the ham evenly between the pieces of dough. Place a cheddar stick on top of each of the ham slices. Fold the ends of the dough and roll to seal each one closed. Arrange the sticks onto a baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper.
Step 2. Add the melted butter, worcheshire sauce, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds into a small bowl and combine before brushing on top of each of the sticks. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees to bake or until light brown. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Ham and Cheese Sticks:
You can alter this recipe to your liking in a few yummy ways. Look below for a few great options I like to use on occasion:
- Use any kind of cheese for this recipe, I find that mozzarella, cheddar, or Monterey jack works very well and tastes the best!
- If you don’t like Ham, you can try other deli meats like turkey, bologna, chicken, etc.
- You can make your own homemade dough if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- I like to use cheese sticks to get the best amount of gooey cheesiness.
More Ham Recipes:
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Ham and Egg Cups (Low-Carb)
- Ham Casserole Recipe
- Dr. Pepper Ham (Slow Cooker)
Ham and Cheese Sticks
- 2 tubes crescent dough sheets
- 1 lb. ham deli sliced, slices
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp worcheshire sauce
- ½ Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp onion dried minced or onion powder
- ½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your crescent dough sheets and cut each one into 4 pieces so you will have 8 pieces total.
- Separate the ham evenly between the 8 pieces of dough.
- Add a cheddar stick ontop of the ham on each one.
- Fold in the ends of each one and then roll to seal the bottom.
- Place the sticks on a greased foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, worcheshire sauce, mustard, onion and poppy seeds.
- Brush the butter mixture over each stick.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Ham and Cheese Sticks”
Thank yoy. I do need this Air Fry recipies !!
Patsy van Rooyen South Africa