Looking for a new dessert recipe? This Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is an easy, no-bake cheesecake that will have your guests begging for more. It has all of the flavors of cherry and chocolate chip cookies in a creamy cheesecake with a Oreo crust.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
This Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is so beautiful to look at and even more delicious! This recipe starts off with a thick Oreo Crust with a creamy filling that will melt in your mouth. Take this recipe to a party, picnic, or another get-together with loved ones to devour with each other. If this recipe makes your taste buds happy, then you might want to make this No-Bake Monster Cheesecake or this Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Cake.
- Oreo– You will need these crushed.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese– Use softened or at room temperature.
- Yogurt- You will need greek yogurt for this recipe.
- Sugar- This is always used in the best desserts.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Syrup- You will need cherry-flavored syrup.
- Food Coloring Gel– You will need the gel and not the liquid (Cherry Pink and Brown)
- Chocolate Chips- You will be using the mini chocolate chips.
- Powdered Sugar– This is best for homemade icing.
- Cocoa- This will be used for the chocolate flavoring.
- Gelle Slices– You will need the sugared Cherry Gelle Slices
How to Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
To start, use parchment paper to line the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan.
First, you will want to place whole Oreo cookies into a food processor or blender until you have formed fine crumbs. Then, add the crumbs into a small bowl.
Secondly, add the butter into a separate bowl and place it into the microwave to melt.
Thirdly, combine the melted butter, and crumbs, until fully coated and combined.
Next, press the crumbs in the prepared springform pan and set them in the freezer.
In addition, the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and vanilla into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer, and combined on low until fully blended.
Next, put in the sugar and cherry syrup and combine until fully incorporated.
Furthermore, you will add a teaspoon of the cherry pink food coloring gel and combine using a spatula, and scraping the sides of the bowl until smooth and your desired color is reached.
To finish, add in the mini chocolate chips and combine on low for just a few seconds until blended.
Decorate the Cheesecake
Make the Frosting:
To start, add the butter and cream cheese into a mixing goal of a standing mixer, and combined on low until smooth and creamy.
First, a little bit of time, add in the powdered sugar and combine until fully incorporated, while also using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
Secondly, separate the frosting into two additional bowls.
Thirdly, add the cocoa and brown food coloring gel with a few drops at a time into one bowl.
Next, add some drops of the cherry pink food coloring gel into the other bowl and combine.
Building the Cheesecake:
To start, add two long ribbons of frosting in the middle of a 10-inch wide piece of plastic wrap.
First, wrap the frosting using plastic wrap, keeping it long, or lengthwise.
Secondly, cut the ends off the plastic wrap tube of frosting and place it into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
Thirdly, begin piping, large frosting dollops along the edge, and in the middle of the cheesecake and bring to a point.
To finish, top off the frosting with the sugared cherry gel slices and some mini chocolate chips.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Kind Of Crust is used for This Cheesecake?
The crust for this chocolate chip cheesecake is an Oreo crust. The Oreos are pulsed into mini crumbs and combined with butter. This will create a sand-like texture to press into the bottom of the pan.
How long does cherry chocolate chip cheesecake last in the fridge?
The shelf life for this recipe depends on where it is stored. Placing the cheesecake in an airtight container is the best option. Leaving the cheesecake in the fridge will allow the recipe to last for about 3-5 days.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Vanilla Lavender Cheesecake
- Pineapple Cheesecake Dessert
- Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Bites
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 20 Oreo Cookies - crushed into crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons of butter - melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 - 8 ounce packages of Cream Cheese - softened
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of Cherry Syrup
- Cherry Pink Food Coloring Gel - approximately 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips I used Ghirardelli
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter - softened - not melted
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese - softened
- 4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa
- Brown Food Coloring Gel
- Cherry Pink Food Coloring Gel
- Sugared Cherry Gelle Slices - see link
- Mini Chocolate Chips - to sprinkle on top
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
- Line the bottom of a 7-inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and set it aside. Place the Oreo Cookies (the whole cookie, including the middle icing) in a food processor, or blender, and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the butter, and melt in the microwave. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs, and stir to coat crumbs in the butter. Pour the crumbs into the Spring-form pan, and press crumbs down evenly to form the crust. Place the pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, Greek Yogurt, and Vanilla, and mix on low until well blended. Add the Sugar, and Cherry Syrup, and mix until smooth. Add about a teaspoon of the Cherry Pink Food Coloring Gel, and blend until the Cheesecake batter is all one color, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blending until smooth and color desired is achieved. Add the Mini Chocolate chips, and blend on low for a few seconds.
To decorate the Cheesecake:
- Make the Frosting: In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened Butter, and softened Cream Cheese, and blend on low until smooth and creamy. Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time until it's all blended. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend until the frosting is completely mixed. Divide the Frosting evenly into two separate bowls. In one bowl, add the Cocoa, and stir well to blend. Add the Brown Food Coloring Gel a few drops at a time, and stir to blend. In the other bowl, add a few drops of the Cherry Pink Food Coloring Gel, and stir until completely blended.
- Using Plastic wrap (Glad wrap) tear off a piece about 10 inches wide, and place the Frosting length-wise in the middle of the plastic wrap; it will look like two long ribbons of Frosting. Then, roll the plastic wrap around the Frosting, making sure to keep it long, or length-wise like a long ribbon. SEE PHOTO - Snip the end off of the Plastic wrap, on one end only, and place it in a Pastry bag with the large Star Tip. Pipe the Frosting onto the edges, and center of the Cheesecake, in large dollops, using a swirl, and bring it up to a point. Place the Sugared Cherry Gelle slices on top of the Frosting, (See photo) and sprinkle with additional Mini Chocolate Chips. Serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
NOTE: Since the cheesecake is frozen, you can take it out of the freezer and decorate it ahead of time, and place it back in the freezer. Remove the Cheesecake 15 to 20 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Or, if you prefer, you can serve it frozen, which is great on a hot summer day! ALSO: The Cherry Syrup adds an aromatic sweetness to the cheesecake.