Slow Cooker Chili Mac is elbow macaroni cooked with lean ground beef, beans, peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings with cheese. Quick and easy dinner recipe loved by kids and adults!
Chili Mac In The Slow Cooker
This Chili Mac is the best kind of comfort food and is super simple to prepare. This is a recipe that can be just thrown into the slow cooker and let work its magic! All of the ingredients blend together so well to make a tasty and filling dinner. Just pop it in the slow cooker and go about your day and it will be ready just in time for dinner.
Don’t have a slow cooker? Try our Stove Top Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Ground Beef: I like to use lean ground beef, but you can use other ground meat like turkey, chicken, or sausage.
Vegetables: You will add sweet baby peppers, tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes, and red kidney beans to this recipe.
Seasonings: You will need chili seasoning, ranch seasoning, and parsley for an optional topping.
Macaroni: I like to use elbow macaroni, but any kind of pasta will work!
Cheese: I prefer using cheddar cheese for this recipe, but you can use other kinds as well like Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Monterey, etc.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chili Mac
Step 1. Add the beef into a medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown with the chopped peppers. Remove excess grease before adding to the slow cooker. Put in the tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes, kidney beans, chili seasoning, ranch seasoning, and water. Combine and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Step 2. Add the macaroni into the slow cooker for the last 45 minutes of cooking and stir to combine. Once the pasta is cooked, put in half of the cheese and combine. Add the rest of the cheese on top and cover with the lid until melted. Add a few dashes of parsley for garnish and serve. Enjoy!
Can You Make Slow Cooker Chili Mac On Stove Top?
Yes! You can make this incredible recipe on the stovetop if you do not have a slow cooker. You will need to prepare the macaroni and beef and combine them with the rest of the ingredients to cook. Once fully cooked, add the cheese and garnish in and on top.
Tips & Tricks:
Here are a few great hacks to make the best chili mac in a slow cooker:
- Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- Use any kind of meat that you desire!
- Replace or add more beans line pinto or black beans!
- Use any kind of pasta!
- To add some spice, add in some chopped jalapenos!
- Add some sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes!
- Add all your favorite toppings like sour cream, scallions, tortilla chips, Fritos, olives, hot sauce, salsa, etc!
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Tropical Chicken
- Slow Cooker Turkey Corn Chowder
- BBQ Pulled Chicken (Slow Cooker)
- Dr. Pepper Ham (Slow Cooker)
Slow Cooker Chili Mac
- 1 lb. ground beef lean
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet baby peppers
- 1 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans red kidney beans drained
- 1 1 oz. envelope chili seasoning
- 1 1 oz. envelope ranch seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups elbow macaroni
- 16 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Parsley for topping
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat brown the hamburger with the chopped peppers.
- Drain off any grease.
- Into the slow cooker add the browned beef and peppers tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes, kidney beans, chili seasoning, ranch seasoning, and water.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- In the last 45 minutes before serving add in the elbow macaroni and stir.
- When the pasta is cooked add half of the shredded cheese and stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining cheese and place the lid on the slow cooker until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle on some parsley for color.