Cookies have always been an incredible dessert treat in my household. And, the best part of cookies is that there are so many varieties of them and more and more recipes come out every day. This new recipe I have for you may just become a favorite. These Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies are so delicious with a perfect texture and flavor.
Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
These Butterscotch cookies are so good! These cookies are so soft and chewy with a crunchy texture as well. The flavor is so amazing and these cookies are filled with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. These cookies will be made in no time as they just take 15 minutes to prepare. Make it a cookie making day with Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies and Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour to have the best results.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your cookies.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar as one of the ingredients in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will allow moisture in your cookie recipe.
- Egg- Be sure to have these at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Baking Chips- You will need chocolate chips and butterscotch for the fillers.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into another bowl and whisk until combined.
Slowly combine the two mixtures. Little by little, add the flour mixture.
Take the mixing bowl of the standing mixer out and add in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, and use a rubber spatula or spoon to fold into the batter.
Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and add the cookie dough to the sheet using a tablespoon. Place in the preheated oven for 11-15 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown and fully baked through.
Place the finished cookies onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy!
Is Butterscotch the Same as Caramel?
Butterscotch and Caramel are delicious together and by themselves. Even though they are so good and great for many desserts, they are different. Vanilla and sugar are two of the main ingredients in butterscotch and the difference with caramel is that it is made with white sugar instead of brown sugar.
How to Make Cookies Softer?
There are a few different ways to make cookies softer in texture. You can switch out a few ingredients if you want them chewier. Using brown sugar instead of white will help with moisture and therefore, make the cookies soft. Also, using shortening instead of regular butter will do you wonders as well. Another option is making sure to use baking powder instead of baking soda because of the different reactions.
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Lemon Snowball Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies (3 ways)
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of butter - unsalted
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar - firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and Vanilla, and mix until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, and whisk together until well mixed. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl a little at a time, until well mixed. Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and gently fold in the chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips, until well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop the cookie dough by Tablespoonfuls onto the parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 11 - 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown in color and baked through.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!