Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes are the perfect way to enjoy cheesecake. The cheesecakes are absolutely delicious and very easy to make. Cheesecake cupcakes are much easier, with fewer steps than making a traditional cheesecake, with all the same amazing taste.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
Cheesecake cupcakes are a versatile dessert because it is perfectly portioned, delicious cheesecakes. These chocolate chip cheesecake cupcakes are perfect for get togethers, picnics and bake sales. Make extras of these cheesecake cups to store them in the freezer.
- Graham crackers- These are for the crust. You can grind the crumbs yourself or buy premade crumbs
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter. It lets you control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Sugar- You can’t have cheesecake without sugar.
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing.
- Eggs- Whenever you are making cheesecake, you want to use room temperature eggs.
- White chocolate chips- I love the addition of white chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Vanilla- Always use pure vanilla. It gives the best flavor.
- Mini chocolate chips- Mini chocolate chips take this over the top.
How to Make Cheesecake Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and a tablespoon of sugar.
Place a spoonful of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and save the extra crumbs for the tops of the cheesecake cupcakes.
Bake the crust for 5 minutes and then remove the crusts and let them cool.
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Add one egg at a time to the mixture and beat it well.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cups about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 23 minutes until the center is set
Turn off the oven and open the oven door slightly to let them cool for 5 minutes.
Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and then add more graham crackers and chocolate chips.
Let the cheesecakes cool for 45 minutes and then refrigerate them for 2 hours to set.
Do Cheesecake Cupcakes Have to Be Refrigerated?
Once the cupcakes are cooled, you will want to continue to store them in the refrigerator. Because of the cream cheese, you do not want to leave the cheesecake out for more than 2 hours.
Can I Use Different Chips Other Than Chocolate?
I am using chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in this recipe but you can use all kinds of chips. Peanut butter chips, toffee chips, or even caramel chips will taste fantastic in these cheesecake cups.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 sleeve crushed graham crackers about 2 cups
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse or crush graham crackers in a food processor or plastic bags until fine crumbs.
- Combine crushed graham crackers with butter and 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Press a spoonful of cookie crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner in a cupcake pan (set aside any extra crumbs for topping).
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes and remove from the oven to let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand or stand mixer.
- Melt white chocolate in 20 second increments and combine with the cream cheese batter.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix after each egg is added.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is set.
- Turn the oven off and slightly open the oven door for the cheesecakes to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with crushed graham cracker and chocolate chips, and cool completely on a wire rack (about 45 minutes).
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to cool/set completely.