The thought of having two desserts in one is sure to make any foodie excited. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake is a 2-in-1 dessert that is to die for!
The Most Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
This easy-to-make and delicious Chocolate Chip Cake is so good, you will want to share it with everyone. If you are like me, you may just keep it to yourself and eat it all! This Cake is topped with a sweet and creamy vanilla frosting that just ties the whole recipe together.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Brown Sugar: This is great for making adding more moisture to the cake. We all love a moist and more delectable cake, and this ingredient will do just that.
Granulated Sugar: In addition to adding a sweeter flavor to a cake recipe. Granulated sugar caramelizes and absorbs moisture which overall improves the texture and flavor of the cake.
Eggs: You always want to use room-temperature eggs when baking.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used not only to add an aroma to the recipe but also to enhance the flavor as well for a sweeter and more delicious recipe.
Flour: All-purpose flour is best to use. However, if you are using self-rising flour, you would eliminate the baking soda.
Cornstarch: This is a great ingredient when you want a thicker batter. This will give the cake a more airy and fluffy texture.
Baking Soda: Baking soda will help the cake rise in the oven. This will make your cake light and fluffy.
Powdered Sugar: This is the best sugar to use when needing a frosting with a smooth consistency.
Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract works best.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is a great thickening agent for the frosting for a creamier consistency.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam baking spray to grease 3 cake pans. Add the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla into a standing mixer and combine until fluffy.
Step 2. Add the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda and whisk to combine in a large bowl. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add in the chocolate chips and fold to combine.
Step 3. Evenly divide the batter into the three prepared pans and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and allow it to rest for 30 minutes before taking out of the pans and transferring to a wire rack.
Step 1. Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine until creamy and stiff with peaks.
Step 2. Add into a piping bag. Set one of the cakes onto the cake board and pipe dollops of the frosting on top.
Set the next cake on top and press down gently.
Step 3. Cover the second layer in frosting and top with the final layer. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting and top with confetti sprinkles. Enjoy!
How To Store Chocolate Chip Cookies Cake?
This cookie cake is best stored in an airtight container. The cake can be left out at room temperature or stored in the fridge. If you want it to last a longer period of time, storing it in the fridge is best.
Can I Use A Store-Bought Frosting For This Cake?
Yes, you can use store-bought frosting for this recipe. However, homemade frosting is my preferred way to frost a cake. The flavor in my opinion is so much better and it’s also just super fun to make from scratch.
More Chocolate Chip Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
- 1 1/2 C butter – unsalted
- 1 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 C flour
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 C confetti sprinkles
- 2 C butter – unsalted
- 5 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 C confetti sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the three cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy and combined
- Using a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the sprinkles
- Divide the cookie batter between the three pans and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from pans and placing onto a wire rack
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until creamy, fluffy, and holds a peak
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
- Place one cookie cake layer onto the cake board
- Using the piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting all over the top of the cookie cake
- Place a second cookie cake layer on top of the frosting and gently press down
- Pipe another layer of frosting on top of the second cookie cake layer
- Place the last layer on top of the second layer of frosting
- Pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the cookie cake and sprinkle some confetti sprinkles on top
- 3 6in round cake pans
- 1 8in round cake board
- 1 large piping bag with a large round tip