Start your morning or end your day with lovely and delectable Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. This muffin is packed with chocolatey goodness and soft bananas to get you a muffin that will dance on your taste buds.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
This Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is so good and easy to make. These easy muffins take just under 25 minutes to prepare and every minute is worth the end product. The muffins come out full of flavor, fluffy, and moist.
We love the combination of banana and chocolate just like these other yummy recipes – Triple Chocolate Banana Bread, Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Brown Sugar: This is great for making adding more moisture to the muffins. We all love delectable muffins, and this ingredient will do just that.
Banana: These will be mashed to blend all throughout the muffin so that every bite tastes like bananas!
Chocolate Chips or Chunks: These will give you bursts of chocolatey flavor in the recipes. Chocolate and bananas taste so good together!
How To Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Step 1. In a small pan, add the butter and brown on medium heat and stir occasionally. Take off the heat and if you see small brown specks begin to form, add to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Step 2. Combine the browned butter and brown sugar. Put in the egg yolk and vanilla and combine again. Put in the flour, baking powder, and salt and combine again.
Step 3. Add the banana into a separate bowl and mash until there are no chunks. Put it into the batter with the chocolate chunks and combine.
Step 4. Use a lid or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight for best results.
Step 5. Set the oven to 425 degrees and use cupcake liners to line a cupcake pan. Pour the chilled batter into the prepared pan all the way to the top. Place into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
Step 6. The muffins should begin to rise about 1/4″ to 1/2″ above the liners. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 10-12 minutes until a toothpick placed into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Make sure not to open the oven while baking.
Can I Add Other Add-Ins To Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins?
I love these chocolate banana muffins just the way they are and you will too! However, if you want to add in something, a great additional ingredient would be nuts! Try nuts like walnuts, almonds, or pecans!
How To Store Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins?
Place the muffins into an airtight container or Ziploc bag for the best storage method. You can keep these at room temperature or place them in the fridge. They will also last a lot longer if placed in the freezer.
More Muffin Recipes:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 banana ripe
- ½ cup chocolate chips, chunks or both
- Start by browning the butter. Add the butter to a small pan and put it over medium heat stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat once you see brown specks beginning to form at the bottom of the pan. Pour it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until well combined. Then add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and incorporate. Fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana until there are no big chunks. Add it to the batter along with the chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks) and mix until just combined.
- Cover your batter tightly and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F and line the cupcake tins. Fill the muffin pan almost all the way to the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 °F. The muffins should be about ¼” to ½” above the paper. Reduce the temperature to 350 °F and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes back clean. Do not open the door when reducing the temperature.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.