This Caramel Apple Banana Bread is soft and moist, with a crunchy streusel topping and sweet caramel drizzle. The perfect banana bread recipe for fall!
Easy Apple Banana Bread Recipe
If you love apples and bananas, you’ll love this simple apple banana bread recipe. Made with ripe bananas and applesauce, it offers a light flavor from both fruits. Add the crunchy streusel topping and a drizzle of caramel and you have a true treat.
Inspired by my easy banana bread recipe, this recipe is both quick and easy to prepare. While it does require about an hour in the oven and some time to cool, the hands-on time is only about 20 minutes.
With the flavors of a caramel apple, this is the perfect bread recipe for fall.
Why You’ll Love This Apple Banana Bread
Here are a few reasons this is one of my favorite banana bread recipes.
- Quick and easy to prepare. The best thing about this bread is that it’s made primarily with pantry ingredients and it takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- Great way to use up extra bananas. Not sure what to do with the bananas browning on the counter? This recipe is a great option!
- Moist & flavorful. This bread has the perfect moist texture and a lovely banana apple flavor.
What You’ll Need
This easy banana bread recipe with streusel topping is made with pantry staples, plus applesauce and ripe bananas.
- Bananas – You’ll want bananas that are ripe or even overripe. This is a great way to use up bananas with brown spots on the counter.
- Butter – You’ll need butter for both the bread and the topping.
- Baking soda – Helps the bread rise in the oven.
- Salt – Helps to balance the sweetness in the recipe.
- Sugar – Both granulated sugar and brown sugar are used in this apple banana bread recipe.
- Egg – Helps to hold everything together and give the bread shape.
- Vanilla – For extra flavor.
- Applesauce – Adds the apple flavor to the bread.
- Cinnamon – Adds a warm flavor the the streusel topping.
- Caramel sauce – You can grab a jar at the store or use my homemade caramel sauce recipe.
How To Make Apple Banana Bread
This caramel apple banana bread is both quick and easy to make. The hands-on time is just a few minutes!
- Make the batter. Mash the bananas in a food processor, then add the melted butter, baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and flour. Blend then pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Make the streusel topping. Pulse all of the streusel topping ingredients until crumbs form. Spoon over the banana bread while it’s still baking.
- Cool. Once baked through, cool the banana bread on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from the pan to continue cooling.
- Top with the caramel sauce. Once the bread has cooled completely, drizzle the caramel sauce over the top and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this apple banana bread.
- Use overripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be. Bananas with some brown spots are perfect for this recipe. They’re easier to mash too!
- Add the streusel while the bread is baking. I tend to add this about halfway through the bake time or even sooner.
- How do I know when banana bread is done? The easiest way to confirm this bread is fully baked is to insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. Be sure not to overbake to avoid drying out the bread.
- Cool before adding the caramel. The bread should be cool when you add the caramel – otherwise, it will just melt down the sides.
A slice of this moist apple banana bread makes the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert. The streusel topping adds an extra level that makes this feel like a sweet treat anytime!
Apple banana bread is best enjoyed at room temperature, though you can warm it up a bit too. Note that the caramel will melt if you warm it but if you omit the caramel, there’s nothing quite like a warm slice of apple banana bread!
How To Store Apple Banana Bread
- Counter. Apple banana bread can be stored on the counter for up to 4 days, wrapped in plastic.
- Fridge. To extend the shelf life of your apple banana bread a few days, you can also store it in the fridge. It’s best wrapped in plastic to prevent it from drying out.
- Freezer. You can also freeze this bread. Allow it to cool completely, then wrap in plastic. It’s best to freeze without the caramel sauce. I also prefer to freeze individual slices versus the entire loaf, so I can just pull them from the freezer as desired.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Mocha Banana Bread
- Coffee Cake Banana Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
Caramel Apple Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
FOR THE BREAD:
- Grease and flour a regular size loaf pan, 4 X 8.
- In a food processor, add the banana's and process to mash. Add the melted butter, baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and flour. Process until well blended, and pour into prepared pan.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, make the streusel topping; in the food processor, add the half stick of butter, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon, and pulse until crumbs form. Open the oven, and spoon the streusel over the Banana bread. Continue baking until the bread is done, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan, and place on the wire rack to continue cooling. When the bread is cool. Drizzle with the caramel sauce, and serve. Enjoy!