These Mini Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Bites are absolutely amazing. Rich and creamy, these mini cheesecakes are the perfect size for a simple dessert. Make a batch for a special occasion, or make them and store them in the freezer.
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
This is a simply delicious recipe that is quick and easy to follow. The Mini Chocolate Cheesecake recipe calls for simple ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store and will for sure be a favorite dish that all your chocolate loving family and friends can enjoy.
I have been loving making mini cheesecakes lately. They are just the perfect size and are easy to customize.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the cookie crust
- Cocoa powder- This is to make the chocolate of the chocolate layer
- Baking soda- Baking soda gives the crust a little bit of a rise.
- Kosher salt- Salt brings out the flavor in baked goods.
- Unsalted butter- Always use room temperature butter when making cheesecake
- Sugar- You need sugar with making cheesecake
- Egg- Egg yolk gives an added richness to the cheesecake
- Whole milk- You can also use 2% milk
- Pure vanilla extract- For best flavor, use pure vanilla.
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature
- Sour cream- Always use room temperature sour cream for the cheesecake
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar has a lighter texture than regular sugar.
- Heavy Whipping cream- Heavy Cream is used to make the mousse light and creamy.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- You can also use milk chocolate.
- Oreos- You will want to crush the Oreos
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and preheat to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
Beat together the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
Mix in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, then gradually stir in your dry ingredients until combined.
Using about 1 tbsp of the batter, spoon the batter into each cupcake liner.
For about 5 – 7 minutes, bake in your oven, then set aside to cool.
Turn down oven temperature to 325 degrees.
Beat together the cream cheese and sugar in a standing mixing bowl until smooth and creamy, then slowly mix in the sour cream, vanilla, cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
1 at a time until combined, beat in your eggs.
Using about ¼ cup of the cheesecake batter, scoop your batter into the cupcake liners.
For about 17-21 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light golden brown color and the center is set to bake in your oven.
Allow to cool thoroughly.
Mix together the egg yolks, powdered sugar, and ⅓ heavy whipping cream in a medium saucepan and put over low heat until it starts to thicken and double in size and continue to whisk consistently.
Stir in the chocolate chips until melted after removing from heat, then allow to cool to room temperature.
Beat the 1 ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream in a larger mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
Using ¼ cup of the whipped cream whisk it into the melted chocolate to lighten the color.
Using ¼ cup of whipped cream scoop it into the piping bag, then set aside.
Fold all of your whipped cream gently into the chocolate mixture until combined.
Gently fold in the crushed Oreo’s.
Using 1 tbsp of the mousse scoop it onto the top of the cheesecake.
Put a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on the top.
Is This a No Bake Cheesecake?
This is not a no bake cheesecake. You will need to bake the crust as well as the cheesecake itself. If you want a similar type of cheesecake that is no bake, you will love No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Bites
How Should Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Bites Be Stored?
You will want to make sure these mini chocolate mousse cheesecakes are stored in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them if you will not finish them before they spoil.
More Cheesecake Bite Recipes
- Apple Pie Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Snickers Cheesecake Bites
- Blackberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecake
Mini Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Chocolate Cookie Layer
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C sour cream
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Hershey Dark cocoa powder
- 3 large Egg yolks
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 ⅔ Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 crushed oreos
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips for topping
Cookie Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of the batter into each cupcake liner
- Bake in the oven for about 5 - 7 minutes
- Set aside to cool
- Bring oven temp down to 325
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt until combined
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Scoop about ¼ C of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners
- Bake in the oven for 17-21 minutes or until the edges start to turn a
- light golden brown color and the center is set
- Allow to cool completely
Chocolate Mousse Directions
- Using a medium sauce pan, mix together the egg yolks, powdered sugar, and ⅓ heavy whipping cream and place over low heat until it starts to thicken and almost is doubled in size while continuing to whisk consistently
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted
- Allow to cool to room temperature
- In a large bowl, beat the 1 ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Whisk ¼ cup of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate to lighten it
- Scoop ¼ cup of whipped cream into the piping bag and set aside
- Scoop all the the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and fold gently until combined
- Fold in the crushed oreos
Directions on decorating
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the mousse onto the top of the cheesecake
- Pipe a dollop of whipped cream
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips