Make life a little bit sweeter with a dessert that is so addicting, you won’t be able to stop eating it! These Chocolate Toffee Bars are a new level of delicious with a sweet crust, creamy filling, and tasty toppings!
Toffee Chocolate Bars
This dessert is so simple to make and perfect for any occasion. I love making these and keeping them around the house in case I’m craving something sweet and delectable! This recipe has three layers that only require 2-3 ingredients each, so you can have these bars ready in no time!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour to combine with the brown sugar and butter to make the crust.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This combined with butter will make your creamy filling.
Toppings: You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips and toffee bits to add on top of your bars.
How To Make Chocolate Toffee Bars
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use baking spray on an 8×8-inch baking pan. In a heat-safe bowl, soften the butter in the microwave for a few seconds. In a medium or large bowl, combine the brown sugar, softened butter, and flour until creamy. Pour the mixture into the base of the prepared pan and press down evenly. Bake the crust for 25 minutes in a 350-degree oven or until golden brown. Take out and make the filling.
Step 2. Add the condensed milk and butter into a small pot and combine for 5-10 minutes on low to medium heat. Add onto the cooled crust and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown. Top with chocolate chips before baking for an additional 2 minutes until shiny. Take out and spread the chocolate evenly on top. Sprinkle some toffee bits on the chocolate layer and lightly tap the pan to set the toffee bits. Allow the bars to cool thoroughly before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
Variations & Substitutions For Chocolate Toffee Bars:
You can use some of the options below to alter the recipe if needed or just to add more flavor and texture!
- Add some nuts on top!
- Use any kind of chocolate that you want, you don’t have to use semi-sweet.
- If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use granulated sugar, but it will change how moist the crust is.
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can keep these bars at room temperature or in the fridge to last longer.
- If you want to make them ahead of time, you can and store them accordingly until you are ready to serve.
More Toffee Recipes:
Chocolate Toffee Bars
- 1 10 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 ⅓ cups toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Soften butter for a couple of seconds in the microwave, or however, you like. Beat brown sugar, softened margarine, and flour in a medium or large bowl until nice and creamy or well blended. Press evenly on the bottom of the 8×8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven while preparing to fill.
- In a small pot, heat sweetened condensed milk and margarine, stirring constantly at low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Pour and spread evenly over the cooled crust. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips evenly all over the top. Bake for 2 more minutes or until the chocolate is shiny. Remove from oven and spread chocolate all over the top. Sprinkle toffee bits all over top. Tap lightly into the chocolate. Cool completely, then cut into bars.