This Christmas Bread is one of my favorite breads to enjoy during the holidays. It’s a sweet, delicious bread filled with holiday sprinkles, and topped with a simple vanilla glaze.
Holiday Sweet Bread
A new addition to your dessert menu this holiday season could be this incredible this Christmas Bread. It is so good and is pretty easy to make. You can have it prepped to bake in just 10 minutes and pop it in the oven until it is a gorgeous and fluffy golden brown. The glaze to top it off just compliments the bread perfectly. If you are looking for other great breads to try around the holidays, try our Eggnog Bread with Rum Glaze, Amish Apple Fritter Bread and our Incredibly Moist Pumpkin Bread.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sugar: You will need granulated sugar for the bread batter and powdered sugar along with the heavy whipped cream and vanilla extract to make the glaze. You can also use sour cream to cut the sweetness of the sugar which is helpful since there is a glaze on top
- Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for the best results along with the baking powder and baking soda to help the bread rise in the oven.
- Cinnamon: I like to add this for additional flavor, but this can be left out if desired.
How To Make Christmas Bread
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Put in the eggs and vanilla and combine before adding the sour cream and milk.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Gradually, combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the sprinkles and use a spatula to fold and combine.
- Pour into the loaf pan and use the spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Place the pan into the oven for 60-70 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add on top of the bread before topping with sprinkles.
Variations For Christmas Bread
- Use any kind of sprinkles you prefer or leave them out.
- You can leave out the cinnamon if desired.
- Add chocolate chips on top!
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap and store them in a storage bag.
- If you want to freeze the bread, wrap it in plastic wrap and in a layer of foil before placing them in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Wait to slice the bread into serving pieces until you are ready to eat, so that it doesn’t dry out.
More Bread Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until it becomes light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Add the sour cream and milk. Beat until everything is incorporated.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to add the sprinkles. Do not overstir. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread until the top of the loaf is even.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. Set it aside to cool for 5 minutes. Take the loaf out of the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk to make the glaze. Pour the glaze over the bread. Top with Christmas sprinkles.