Your dessert buffets are going to be packed this year with some of the best recipes you will ever make. A new addition could be this incredible Christmas Bread. It is so sweet, delicious, and filled with holiday sprinkles, and topped with a simple vanilla glaze.
Holiday Sweet Bread
This is one of my favorite bread to enjoy during the holidays. It is so good and is pretty easy to make. You can have it prepped to bake in just 10 minutes and pop it in the oven until it is a gorgeous and fluffy golden brown. The glaze to top it off just brings the recipe together in the best way possible.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need granulated sugar for the bread batter and powdered sugar along with the heavy whipped cream and vanilla extract to make the glaze. You can also use sour cream to cut the sweetness of the sugar which is helpful since there is a glaze on top
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for the best results along with the baking powder and baking soda to help the bread rise in the oven.
Cinnamon: I like to add this for additional flavor, but this can be left out if desired.
How To Make Christmas Bread
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use nonstick baking spray to grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Put in the eggs and vanilla and combine before adding the sour cream and milk. Combine all the ingredients until fully incorporated. In another large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Gradually, combine the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Add in the sprinkles and use a spatula to fold and combine. Make sure to not overmix. Pour into the loaf pan and use the spatula to spread it out evenly.
Step 2. Place the pan into the oven for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees and use a toothpick to check for doneness by placing it in the middle of the bread. Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes before taking it out and transferring it to a wire rack to cool thoroughly. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add on top of the bread before topping with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Christmas Bread:
Feel free to use some of the options below to alter the recipe to your liking or make this recipe even more festive.
- Add food coloring! Add it to the bread batter or to the glaze on top.
- Use any kind of sprinkles you prefer or leave them out.
- You can leave out the cinnamon if desired.
- Add chocolate chips on top!
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap and store them in a Ziplock bag.
- If you want to freeze the bread, wrap it in plastic wrap and in a layer of foil before placing them in a Ziplock bag for the best storage method.
- I would wait to slice the bread into serving piece until you are ready to eat, so that it doesn’t dry out.
More Bread Recipes:
- ½ cup butter unsalted, soft
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup original sour cream
- ¼ cup milk whole
- 1 ¾ cups flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ cup Christmas sprinkles
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until it becomes light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Add the sour cream and milk. Beat until everything is incorporated.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to add the sprinkles. Do not overstir. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread until the top of the loaf is even.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. Set it aside to cool for 5 minutes. Take the loaf out of the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk to make the glaze. Pour the glaze over the bread. Top with Christmas sprinkles.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.