This Christmas Cookie Bars recipe is so festive and fun for the holidays! Filled with M&M’s, chocolate chips, and sprinkles this recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare and will be perfect for a Christmas buffet, cookie trays or little goodie bags for your loved ones.
Christmas Bar Cookies
Christmas is just around the corner, and the craziness of this time of year is looking us all right in the eye. Rushing to buy presents, planning get-togethers, and counting heads to see how much food we need to bring. All the fun of Christmas! To make your holiday a bit better, this Christmas Cookie Bars recipe can be a great addition to fill those cookie trays and the tummies of your guests!
I think my favorite thing about baking at Christmas is making cookie trays for loved ones. We have so many great Christmas cookie ideas for you to choose from on our 60+ of the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes. With tried and true recipes like our Best Sugar Cookie Recipe, White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies and our Gingerbread Kiss Cookies there are plenty of recipes to choose from to fill up those cookie trays!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- use store-bought or make our easy Homemade Brown Sugar Recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert or treat has sugar in the recipe.
- Egg- Room temperature is best.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Baking soda & Baking powder
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour.
- M&M’s- You will need to use red and green Christmas M&M’s.
- Christmas sprinkles- They should be red, green, and white. Jimmies work well.
- Chocolate chips– We use semi-sweet chocolate chips. However, feel free to use mini chocolate chips, milk chocolate or even dark chocolate chips.
How To Make Christmas Cookie Bars
- Set your oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Mix the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla into a standing mixer and cream together until combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fold some of the M&M’s and sprinkles into the batter.
- Press the dough to the prepared baking dish.
- Add the rest of the M&M’s and sprinkles on top of the bars and place in the oven to bake.
Additional Mix-in Ideas
These Christmas bars are perfect the way they are but sometimes you may want to switch things up or may prefer other mix-ins.
- Nuts- Chopped pecans or peanuts would work well in these bars.
- Chips- Use other types of chips like peanut butter, butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips.
- Oreos- crushed Oreos would be a great mix-in.
How To Store Christmas Cookie Bars
These Christmas Cookie Bars can be left out at room temperature for up to week. Be sure to seal in an airtight container to keep them from getting too hard. These bars also do well in the freezer and will keep for up to 2 months.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars (7-ingredients)
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- S’mores Cookie Bars Recipe
Christmas Cookie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup Christmas M&M’s red and green
- 1/2 cup Christmas sprinkles red, green and white
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the M&M’s, 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the Christmas sprinkles.
- Press the dough into the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s, chocolate chips, and sprinkles on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.