Coca Cola Air Fryer Chicken Wings
You will never taste wings better than these Coca Cola Air Fryer Chicken Wings. If your family and friends are always rooting for a football team or any sport for the matter and you need a dish to fill up their tummies, then this one is for you! So good, this will be your go to wing recipe.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These Air Fryer Chicken wings are so incredible! This recipe is so easy to make and make amazing appetizers. Cooking this recipe in the Air Fry makes crispy wings with an amazing gooey and flavorful sauce. This recipe will definitely become a go-to game day, dinner, or another occasion recipe. Be sure to save this one!
Make these wings with Football Cookies and Eggo Waffle Peanut Butter and Banana Football Snacks for the perfect game day treats.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Chicken wings- You can use bone-in or bone-out wings.
- Garlic Salt – This will add a wonderful aroma to your recipe.
- Pepper – The pepper will be for additional taste.
- Coke – You will need to use the flavor cherry for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to your wings.
- Tomato Paste – This will thicken your wing sauce.
- Minced garlic- You can mince your own garlic for the best flavoring.
- Tabasco sauce- This will add a spicier taste to your recipe.
- Paprika- This will add a slightly smokey flavor.
- Dry Mustard- You will be using dry mustard for the wings.
- Honey- This will add sweetness to your recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
NOTE: Make sure you spray the Air Fryer basket with cooking spray before laying the wings in the basket to cook.
What Does the Cola Do?
Cola is an important ingredient for this recipe. The cola will thicken and sweeten the sauce that you make for your wings. The wings will come out with the perfect consistency of sauce coated on it.
Are These Wings Battered?
This Air fryer Wings are not battered. These are gently sprinkled with garlic salt and pepper and cooked in the air fryer. Then, dipped in the sauce when they are finished. Using an air fryer is always better because it is a lot healthier.
Coco Cola Air Fryer Wings
- Cooking Spray - to spray Air Fryer basket
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 - 4 pounds Chicken wings
- Garlic Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- 1 Bottle of Cherry Coke - a 20-ounce bottle
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 small can of Tomato Paste - 6 ounce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 4 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry Mustard
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Lay the wings out on Parchment paper, and sprinkle with Garlic salt, and Pepper. Cook for 4 minutes in the air fryer, at 400 degrees. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the Cherry Coca Cola, Brown Sugar, Tomato Paste, Minced Garlic, Tabasco Sauce, Paprika, Mustard, and Honey. Bring the mixture to a boil, cook for 1 minute, and turn off the heat. Let mixture cool for a few minutes. Pick up the wings with tongs, and dip them into the sauce, and roll them in the pan, coating them in the sauce. Place them back in the Air Fryer, until the basket is full.
- Place the basket in the Air Fryer, and cook for 11 minutes, at 400 degrees. Remove the basket from the Air Fryer, and dip the wings in the sauce again, and place them back in the basket for another 10 minutes. Continue dipping wings until all wings have been dipped, cooked, dipped again, and finished cooking. When the wings are done, remove them from the basket, and place them on a plate or platter. Serve them with Ranch Sauce, and Celery Sticks. Enjoy!