Made with chili sauce, lime, and honey this Coconut Shrimp Sauce is downright addicting. Sweet and spicy, it pairs perfectly with the tropical flavors of coconut shrimp.
Easy Coconut Shrimp Sauce
I think my family may enjoy this coconut shrimp sauce more than they enjoy the coconut shrimp. The sauce is sweet with just the right amount of heat and some citrus undertones. It pairs so perfectly with the coconut flavor in the shrimp!
Of course, once we fell in love with this sweet chili sauce for the shrimp, we began trying it on other things. The kids love to dip their fries in it and it’s even good with chicken fingers. You could get creative and add it as a sauce on other things too. The possibilities are endless!
Why You’ll Love This Chili Lime Sauce
Here are a few reasons you’ll love this coconut shrimp dipping sauce.
- Only 3 ingredients. You’ll need just 3 ingredients – chili sauce, lime, and honey – to make this addicting sauce.
- Bursting with flavor. Between the chili sauce, the lime juice, and the lime, this sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with citrus undertones.
- Many ways to use it. Don’t limit yourself to using this only as a coconut shrimp dipping sauce. It’s also great for dipping fries and chicken tenders, among other things!
What You’ll Need
This coconut shrimp dipping sauce requires just 3 ingredients. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Chili Sauce -The chili sauce provides a spicy and tangy flavor to the sauce. It brings a subtle heat that balances the sweetness of the honey.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice adds a citrusy and tangy flavor to the sauce. It also helps to balance the sweetness of the honey.
- Honey – Honey contributes natural sweetness to the sauce and helps to balance the spiciness and tanginess of the chili sauce and lime juice.
How to Make Coconut Shrimp Sauce
This chili lime sauce comes together in just a few minutes.
- Whisk the ingredients. Combine the ingredients until the honey is incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Taste test. Give the sauce a taste test and adjust the flavor by adding more honey or lime juice as desired.
- Enjoy. Transfer to a bowl and serve alongside your coconut shrimp.
Ways To Use Sweet Chili Sauce
We originally made this chili lime sauce to be our coconut shrimp dipping sauce, which is still our favorite way to use it. It just pairs so well with the light tropical flavor of crispy coconut shrimp.
But there are so many other ways you can use it too. It’s perfect for dipping French fries and chicken tenders. Egg rolls would be tasty dipped in it too and you could even add some to an egg roll in a bowl. Or you can add it to chicken, fish, or pork for extra flavor.
- Fridge. This coconut shrimp sauce should be stored in an airtight container or jar in the fridge. It will last for about 5 days.
More Dipping Sauce Recipes
Coconut Shrimp Sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl, mix together the chili sauce, lime juice, and honey.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the honey is completely incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the sweetness or tanginess to your liking by adding a little more honey or lime juice if desired.
- Transfer the sauce to a dipping bowl and serve alongside your Coconut Shrimp.
- Enjoy your Coconut Shrimp with this flavorful sauce!