With a creamy, garlicky sauce, spinach, and sundried tomatoes, this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is bursting with flavors. The best part? It’s ready in 45 minutes!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
This creamy Tuscan chicken pasta has quickly become a family favorite. It features a rich, creamy sauce that’s perfectly flavored with Italian seasoning and fresh garlic, plus sundried tomatoes and spinach. Tender, juicy pieces of chicken help turn it into a complete meal.
I love this recipe because it’s quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner but it also looks fancy enough to serve to guests. It definitely rivals anything you can find in a restaurant! You’ll love our Tuscan Salmon recipe as well.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Pasta Dinner
Here are a few reasons this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe has become a regular go-to in our home.
- Ready in 45 minutes. From start to finish. this chicken pasta takes under an hour to prepare.
- Complete meal in one pan. Even better, everything cooks together in one pan so there’s limited dishes to wash too!
- Great flavor. Between the rich, creamy sauce that’s perfectly seasoned and the sundried tomatoes, this pasta dish is BURSTING with flavor!
What You’ll Need
One of the great things about making Tuscan chicken pasta is that it’s made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Chicken – I used chicken breast but chicken tenders or skinless chicken thighs would also work cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Olive oil – Helps the seasonings stick to the chicken.
- Seasonings – The chicken is seasoned with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Butter – Adds a richness to the pasta sauce.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – Drain before adding to the sauce.
- Garlic cloves – minced
- Italian seasoning – Adds extra flavor to the sauce.
- Chicken broth – Thins the sauce. Low-sodium chicken broth can also be used.
- Heavy cream – Helps make the sauce rich and creamy.
- Parmesan cheese – Freshly grated Parmesan is the best option for this recipe.
- Rigatoni – Rigatoni is my preferred pasta for this recipe but you can swap it out for penne pasta or your favorite.
- Spinach – Cook then drain well before adding to the dish.
- Fresh basil – For garnish.
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This easy pasta dinner comes together in just 45 minutes, with a few simple steps.
- Cook the chicken. Toss the chicken with the olive oil and seasonings in a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add the sundried tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Add the heavy cream, parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Combine the ingredients. Return the chicken to the skillet, along with cooked pasta and spinach. Stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Stir in the basil at the end.
- Enjoy. Serve hot with additional basil and parmesan. Enjoy!
Tips & Variations
Here are a few helpful things to keep in mind when making this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. I typically cook my pasta while cooking the chicken. Since it’ll cook for a few minutes with the sauce, be sure to not overcook it. Al dente is the sweet spot.
- Can I use a different type of pasta? Yes, you can substitute the rigatoni with other types of pasta such as penne, farfalle, or fettuccine. Just make sure to cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Can I use fresh tomatoes? While sundried tomatoes provide a concentrated flavor that compliments the creamy sauce, you can use fresh tomatoes if preferred. I recommend using cherry or grape tomatoes, halved, and cooking them in the skillet for a few minutes until they soften and release some of their juices.
What to Serve with Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This creamy pasta makes a complete meal on its own, thanks to the chicken and spinach. However, you can’t go wrong with some copycat Olive Garden breadsticks on the side or some crusty bread.
A bright, fresh salad is also a great compliment to the pasta.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Leftover Tuscan Chicken Pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat. To reheat, warm the pasta in a saucepan over low heat, adding a space of milk or cream to help loosen the sauce. Stir occasionally until heated through.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Watch The Recipe Video!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
For the chicken:
For the pasta:
For the chicken:
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the olive oil, paprika, granulated garlic, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
For the pasta:
- In the same skillet used for the chicken, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sundried tomatoes and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and deglaze the pan, add the heavy cream, parmesan and italian seasoning, stirring to combine. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet, along with the pasta and spinach. Stir well to combine, ensuring that the pasta and chicken are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to ensure everything is heated through, stirring in fresh basil at the end of cooking.
- Serve the Tuscan chicken pasta hot, garnish with additional fresh basil and parmesan if desired. Enjoy!