Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon is so flavorful, it’s sure to be your new favorite recipe! Tender shredded chicken with ranch dressing seasoning, cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions–all the perfect ingredients to make a delicious dip, sandwich filling, or to serve as a keto-friendly casserole.
Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon
Everyone always loves a good chicken recipe, and this Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon is a real winner! We love to eat it on soft hamburger buns with a side of crispy fries made fast in the air fryer. You’ll really like how you can toss the ingredients into the crock pot, set it, then let it cook while you go on about your day. Before dinner just shred the chicken, add the bacon, green onions, and cheese, then let it cook a bit longer. That’s it–dinner is served!
Similar to our popular Crack Chicken Dip, but made in the slow cooker.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the crack chicken recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – Chicken thighs are so flavorful and can sometimes be a little cheaper than boneless skinless chicken breast. But if you really prefer the chicken breast, that will be just fine in this recipe.
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix – We used Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning, but use any dry ranch seasoning you like.
- Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese. You’ll need two 8-ounce packages for the recipe.
- Bacon – You can cook the bacon and have it ready in the refrigerator when it’s time to add it to the chicken.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Sharp cheddar is delicious, but use any kind of cheddar you like best.
- Green onions – Green onions add a nice mild onion flavor.
How to Make Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon
Place the chicken thighs in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker. You’ll want to use a medium to large size Crockpot, at least 4-quarts.
Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning mix, then place the cream cheese on top of the chicken. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and set to low. Cook for 6 hours until the chicken is fork tender.
Tip: Slow cookers can vary in temperature, so the 6 hour cooking time may be different depending on the cooker. It’s a good idea to check the chicken 1-2 hours before the end of the cooking time.
Shred the chicken with forks (this can be done right in the slow cooker) and stir the chicken and cream cheese together until creamy.
Add the bacon and green onions, then stir well to combine.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over top of the chicken.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. I added a little extra bacon and green onions to the top.
Serve the crack chicken hot.
How to Serve the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Hamburger Buns: The crack chicken is perfect on a hamburger bun for a meal. For party snacks or appetizers, use slider buns or Hawaiian dinner rolls.
Rice: Try serving the cheesy bacon crack chicken over steamed rice. Add a side of steamed or oven-roasted vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
Chips: This Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon is a wonderful dip. We love it with tortilla chips or Tostitos Scoops.
Baked Potato: The chicken is really good served over a baked potato. Add extra green onions or chives and a dollop of sour cream.
Is Crack Chicken Keto?
The ingredients in Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon are all naturally very low in carbohydrates, which makes this a great recipe for those on a keto or other low-carb diet. Either serve it as a casserole or with celery or low-carb chips for dipping. Another option we tried (and loved!) was using the crack chicken as filling in a low-carb tortilla. You can add a little extra bacon and some avocado and it’s a wildly delicious keto burrito!
How to Store the Leftover Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon
Keep the leftover chicken in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or in a slow cooker.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ounce packet ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- Place the chicken thighs in an even layer in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning mix, then place the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and set to low. Cook for 6 hours until the chicken is fork tender.
- Shred the chicken with forks (this can be done right in the slow cooker) and stir the chicken and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Stir in the bacon and green onions, then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 4-quart slow cooker