When you need a super quick and easy snack or appetizer, make Crack Chicken Pinwheels. Chicken, bacon, cream cheese, ranch dressing seasoning, and cheese whipped into a flavorful filling then rolled up in flour tortillas and sliced into rounds; a lot of big flavor packed into these little bites.
Crack Chicken Pinwheels
A favorite snack to make for a party, game day, movie night, picnic, or an appetizer for a holiday gathering are these delicious Crack Chicken Pinwheels. The recipe is so very simple, so you can whip up a batch or several batches very fast and have the chicken tortilla rollups ready to serve in no time flat!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crack Chicken Pinwheels (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
Cream cheese – soften the cream cheese so it is easy to mix.
Dry ranch dressing seasoning mix – use any ranch seasoning you like, such as Hidden Valley.
Shredded cheddar cheese – the cheddar cheese is a great flavor addition to the pinwheels.
Milk – the milk helps thin the filling down a bit to make it nice and spreadable.
Bacon – cook the bacon fully (or make air fryer bacon) and chop or crumble to have it ready to add to the filling.
Fully cooked chopped chicken – this is a great use for leftover chicken!
Large flour tortillas – you’ll need the 10-inch burrito size tortillas.
How to Make Crack Chicken Pinwheels
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the ranch dressing seasoning, cheddar cheese, milk, bacon, and chicken.
Spread the mixture evenly on each tortilla.
Roll the tortillas up gently but tightly to make sure they hold together. Wrap each tortilla roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cut off ends of tortilla rolls then slice into 1-inch rounds. Serve the chicken pinwheels chilled.
Green Onions – Try adding chopped green onion to the chicken filling.
Flavored Tortilla – You can use different flavors of tortillas instead of a plain flour tortilla.
Wraps – Instead of cutting into pinwheels, cut the large rolls into two pieces to serve as larger wraps. This is great for packing lunches!
How to Store Leftover Chicken Pinwheels
Keep the leftover chicken tortilla rollups in an airtight food storage container or a zip-top bag and refrigerate for up to three days. The pinwheels do not freeze well, so freezing is not recommended.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Crack Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup fully cooked chopped chicken
- 2 large flour tortillas 10-inch burrito size
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the ranch dressing seasoning, cheddar cheese, milk, bacon, and chicken.
- Spread the mixture evenly on each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas up gently but tightly to make sure they hold together. Wrap each tortilla roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut off ends of tortilla rolls then slice into 1-inch rounds. Serve chilled.