These Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells make the perfect dinner that the entire family will love. Creamy ranch chicken mixed with cheese, bacon, and scallions stuffed into shells.
Chicken Ranch Pasta
This recipe is so simple to make and tastes so good! This is a great dinner to feed a large family and keep them full and satisfied. It is cheesy, savory, and delicious! Every bite is more and more addicting.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pasta: I like to use jumbo pasta for this recipe.
- Chicken: You can use leftover shredded chicken for this recipe along with chicken broth for more flavor.
- Flour: This will help thicken up the sauce.
- Sauce: You will need heavy cream and cream cheese to help with the consistency.
- Ranch: Using dry ranch mix will add flavor to the sauce along with toppings like Colby Jack cheese, bacon, scallions, and parsley.
How To Make Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Prepare the pasta. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the back. Drain the water and place it aside.
- Make the sauce. Add the butter and flour into a saucepan over medium heat. Add in the chicken broth and cream and combine using a whisk. Allow it to simmer for 2 minutes before adding the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Combine until smooth.
- Assemble the shells. In a 9×13 baking dish, add 1 cup of the sauce to the bottom of the dish. Add the chicken into a large bowl and combine it with half the cheese, half the bacon, and half the scallions. Pour 1 cup of the sauce into the chicken and combine. Stuff the mixture into the shells and arrange it onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the rest of the ranch sauce on top followed by the cheese, bacon, and scallions.
- Bake the recipe. Place the dish into the oven for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with some more ranch if desired. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells?
You can serve this recipe with so many different things. It can pair with almost anything and you can use some of the suggestions below for some ideas.
- Salads; Healthy Broccoli Salad, Loaded Potato Salad, or Cobb Salad
- Bread; Olive Garden Breadsticks or Sour Cream Biscuits (3 ingredients)
Tips & Tricks
- This is a great opportunity to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- I like to use Colby Jack, but you can use any type you want.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
- Crockpot Cashew Chicken
Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 12- oz. box pasta shells jumbo
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese
- 1 1 oz envelope dry ranch mix
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese divided
- 8 slices bacon cooked crumbled, divided
- ¼ cup scallions divided
- Ranch dressing and parsley optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil your pasta shells according to box directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and whisk in the flour until it forms a paste. Whisk in the chicken stock and cream. Let bubble for 2 minutes. Add in the cream cheese and ranch dressing and whisk until smooth.
- Place 1 cup of the sauce mix down the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken with half of the cheese, half of the bacon, and half of the scallions. To the chicken, mix and add 1 cup of ranch sauce. Stuff the shells and place them into the bottom of your baking dish. Top the shells with the remaining ranch sauce. Top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and scallions.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until bubbly and golden. Drizzle with ranch dressing if desired. Serve!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.