Looking for the ultimate tailgating dip for game day? This 7-layer football dip is a fan-favorite appetizer and so easy to make!
Easy Football Dip Recipe
Even if you’re not a fan of football, pretty much everyone enjoys gobbling up the food and appetizers for game day…especially the Super Bowl! This 7-layer football dip is the perfect appetizer recipe to make that everyone will love. The best part, it only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Ingredients & Supplies You’ll Need:
- Football Dip Bowl: you can find these football shaped bowls on Amazon.
- Refried Beans: not only for the “football” color, but these are the best beans to use for 7-layer dip.
- Taco Seasoning: you can get these in packets at the grocery store, or make our easy homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Lettuce: you will want shredded lettuce.
- Sour Cream: this will be divided for layering and decorating the top of the football.
- Cheese: any shredded cheese if fine to use. We prefer cheddar cheese.
- Avocado: you’ll need to dice the avocados in to small chunks
- Tomato: diced.
- Salsa: use store-bought salsa or make our easy homemade salsa recipe.
How To Make Football Dip
We have found that layering in the order listed works the best, but feel free to layer any way you prefer.
- Step 1: Combine the beans with the taco seasoning.
- Step 2: Layer ingredients in the bowl starting with the lettuce and ending with the bean mixture.
- Step 3: Decorate the top of the dip with sour cream.
- Step 4: Serve and Enjoy!
Feel free to change up the order of the layers to whatever you prefer, but make sure the top is the bean mixture.
Other 7-Layer Dip Ingredient Substitutions:
- Avocados – use Guacamole instead.
- Salsa – replace with salsa verde.
- Cheese – instead of cheddar, use a Mexican blend or Monterey Jack.
- Sour cream – if you aren’t a fan of sour cream, decorate the top by cutting slices of white cheese.
- Tomato – replace with black olives or green onions.
Other Delicious Dip Recipes:
7 Layer Football Dip
- In a medium bowl, combine the taco seasoning with the refried beans.
- In the football bowl, layer your ingredients starting with the shredded lettuce, then the salsa, diced tomato, cheese, 1 cup sour cream, diced avocados and then top with the refried bean mixture.
- Spoon the remainder 1/2 cup of sour cream in a zip-lock baggie and snip off the corner. Pipe the laces and stripes on the top to look like a football.