Make Easter morning special with these Bunny Pancakes made with Bisquick, turkey bacon, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, strawberries, and whipped cream.
Bunny Breakfast Pancakes
We love coming up with fun pancake ideas & we have made a ton of them! We update our Bunny Pancakes from years ago & these are so simple to make. These Bunny Pancakes are perfect to make for a fun Easter morning breakfast & the kids will love them!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pancake Mix: I love using Bisquick for a quick and easy recipe, but you can use a homemade recipe as well.
Turkey Bacon: This is the best option for making clean-cut whiskers for the rabbit.
Decorating Ingredients: To make the rabbit face, I like to use mini chocolate chips, strawberries, mini marshmallows, and whipped cream spray.
How To Make Bunny Pancakes
Step 1. Use the Bisquick mix to prepare small round pancakes on a pan over low heat. Make the 2 ears in the shape you desire. They do not have to be perfect. Any rough edges can be cut with scissors. Arrange the round pancake and ears onto a serving plate.
Step 2. Slice 2 mini marshmallows in half to make the eyes and teeth. Arrange a few chocolate chips for the mouth and place two on top of the mini marshmallows for the eyes. Cut the tip of the strawberry to make the nose. Slice the turkey bacon into strips for the whiskers. Serve and enjoy!
Substitutions For Bunny Pancakes
Here are some substitutes that you can use if you need to alter the recipe.
- Any reddish fruit will work for the nose of the rabbit. If you don’t have strawberries, you can use raspberries.
- You can use regular bacon, but turkey bacon makes it look clean and you have less of a chance of the bacon breaking apart.
- If you don’t have mini marshmallows or chocolate chips, you can use whipped cream, M&M’s, frosting, etc. to make the eyes and teeth. Get creative!
Tips & Tricks
- You can make the pancakes ahead of time and store in an airtight container or Ziplock bag and decorate when you are ready to serve.
- To make sure the pancakes do not stick together, you will need to freeze them in a single layer before placing in a bag/container.
More Bunny Recipes:
- Pancake Mix we like Bisquik
- Turkey Bacon
- Chocolate Chips Mini
- 1 Strawberry
- 2 Marshmallows Mini
- Whipped Cream Spray
- Start out by making a small round pancake in a pan over low heat with your pancake mix. Then make 2 ears. They do not have to look perfect…ours never do. Just cut around the edges using kitchen scissors.
- Place the pancake pieces on a plate. We cut 2 mini marshmallows in half to the eyes & teeth. We added mini chocolate chips to the pupils & mouth. We cut the tip from a strawberry for the nose. We cut strips from a piece of turkey bacon for the whiskers.