This Easter Cookie Cake is filled with rainbow sprinkles, M&M Easter Eggs, and Cadbury eggs and topped with homemade frosting.
Giant Cookie for Easter
Start off a great Easter morning with this delicious dessert. This cake is so soft and jam-packed with all sorts of tasty candy and sprinkles. You can enjoy this recipe for occasions like a kid’s bunny-themed birthday or a family potluck, etc. It is so vibrant and colorful, that everyone will be coming back for another slice.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use all-purpose flour for this recipe along with the baking powder and baking soda to allow the cake to rise properly in the oven.
Cornstarch: This is important for making the texture very soft and delicious.
Vanilla Frosting: You will combine unsalted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipped cream to make this sweet and creamy frosting.
How To Make Easter Cookie Cake
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use baking spray to grease a springform pan. Add the butter and sugar into a standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy. Put in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and combine again. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch into a medium bowl and combine using a whisk. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet gradually until a dough forms. Put in the candy and sprinkles and mix to combine. Place into the prepared pan using a rubber spatula. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown on top. Allow it to cool while you prepare the frosting.
Step 2. Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream into a standing mixer and combine until stiff with peaks. Scoop into a piping bag. Remove the cake from the springform pan and place it on a serving platter. Pipe the prepared vanilla frosting along the edges of the cake and add more sprinkles on top. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Variations For Easter Cookie Cake
You can use some of the options below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- Use different colored/shaped sprinkles
- Chocolate frosting instead of white.
- Add food coloring to the cake mix or frosting to add a pop of color.
- Place extra sprinkles on top to decorate.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure to not over bake! It tastes so much better when soft. Use your finger to test the middle of the cake. You should feel some resistance when its cooked, if it is still doughy, it is not done.
- Keep your eggs add room temperature when preparing the cake.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can leave this at room temperature or store in the fridge to last longer.
More Easter Day Recipes:
- Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- Easter Puppy Chow
- Easter Whoopie Pies
- Frosted Easter Blondies
- Peeps Cupcakes
- Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- Peeps Pretzel Rods
- Bunny Bait Popcorn
Easter Cookie Cake
Cookie Cake Ingredients
Cookie Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesSpray your springform pan and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch together. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once the dough has forms, mix in the candy and sprinkles.
- Using a rubber spatula press the dough into the springform pan. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cookie is lightly brown on top.Let the cookie completely cool.
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine the butter, powder sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream. Mix the frosting until combined and stiff.
- Once the frosting is made, scoop frosting into the piping bag. Carefully remove the cookie cake from the springform pan and place onto a serving plate. Pipe the frosting around the edge of the cookie cake. Top with easter sprinkles.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!