This Cheeseburger Casserole is meaty, cheesy, and super filling. Make this easy to make a recipe for dinner or to feed a crowd at a party.
Baked Cheeseburger Casserole
This cheeseburger casserole is so good and simple to make. This is a hefty and hearty meal that is perfect for someone needing an easy meal that can feed a large family. This recipe will for sure be a favorite and will have everyone coming around for seconds.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Ground Beef: Ground beef gives the best burger taste, but you can use ground turkey as well.
Ketchup: You can’t have a ‘burger’ without ketchup. I like just a little bit of ketchup with my casserole.
Seasoning– Onion powder and garlic powder give the best flavor to the casserole. You will also be adding black pepper.
Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar Cheese is my go-to for burger anything! But, you can use other kinds of cheese that you have on hand.
Biscuits: Use premade, or boxed biscuit mix. I like to use Grands brand for this recipe.
Salted Butter: Using salted butter will bring out the flavors in the recipe as well as add additional flavor.
How To Make Cheeseburger Casserole
Step 1. Set the oven to 425 degrees and use baking spray to grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. In a large pan, add the ground beef and cook on medium-high heat. Break up the meat as it cooks and heat until there is no pink visible. Remove any excess grease.
Step 2. Put in the ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and 2 cups of shredded cheese and mix to combine. Put the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and evenly spread. Top with a cup of cheese.
Step 3. Pull apart the biscuits so that you have two halves and arrange them on top of the cheese. You should be able to fit about 12 biscuits on top. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
Step 4. Use a brush to add some melted butter on top of the biscuits and enjoy!
Substitutions For Cheeseburger Casserole:
Here are some great substitutions for this recipe if needed:
- For a different taste and consistency, you can use Velveeta instead of cheddar.
- Use other meats like ground chicken or turkey instead of beef.
- You can use a boxed biscuit-making mix like Bisquick if you don’t have biscuits on hand.
- Instead of garlic and onion powder, you can use fresh chopped onion and minced garlic.
Tips & Tricks For Making Cheeseburger Casserole:
Here are some great tips and tricks for making the best casserole:
- Even though medium shredded cheddar cheese tastes the best with this recipe, other types of cheese can be used as well.
- Make sure to use only half biscuits because using whole biscuits can cause the recipe to cook unevenly.
- Keep the biscuits as even and round as possible to keep the recipe looking symmetrical. Make sure to not overlap.
More Casserole Recipes:
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Ham Casserole Recipe
- Cabbage Roll Casserole (Easy and Cheesy)
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 can biscuits large refrigerated, I use Grands
- 1 Tbsp butter melted salted
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan over medium-high heat, breaking it up as you go, until no longer pink; drain off fat.
- Add ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Scoop mix into the casserole dish and spread evenly. Top beef with remaining one cup of cheese.
- Separate biscuits in half, dividing top and bottom to make them thinner. Arrange biscuits on top of cheese (should fit 12 biscuits).
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
- Brush melted butter on top of the biscuits and serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.