This delicious pistachio bread is made from a cake mix and pudding mix. This is a quick bread recipe that is perfect to make for breakfast and can also be eaten as a dessert.
The Best Pistachio Bread
Are you a pistachio lover? Pistachios are my favorite type of nut because they’re so salty and have the best flavor. If you’re like me and you enjoy all things pistachio, you’re going to want to devour this Pistachio Bread from the minute it comes out of the oven!
I swear by this recipe and how simple it is. In fact, I love to make this bread throughout the year and will usually eat a slice for breakfast or have it as a snack at some point in the afternoon. Give this iced, baked bread a try because it doesn’t disappoint and will surely leave you impressed with your baking skills! This bread makes perfect gifts for Christmas and you can always add a bit of green food coloring to make the color more vibrant.
Watch The Recipe Video!
If you love everything pistachio, give this Pistachio Lush Dessert a try!
If you’re planning to try this recipe, head out to the grocery store to grab the essentials that will make this baked bread everything you expected it to be and then some.
- Yellow Cake Mix – Grab a 15.2-ounce box of yellow cake mix. You can choose any brand you’d like.
- Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix – Be sure to grab the instant kind of pudding. You need two of the 3.4-ounce packages for this recipe.
- Sour Cream – Use one cup of sour cream, which gives this bread a better taste and texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Enhance the flavor with notes of vanilla using a bit of vanilla extract.
- Brown Sugar – The brown sugar brings a light sweet touch to this recipe.
- Cinnamon – Just a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon is all you will need for this Pistachio Bread. If you don’t like cinnamon or don’t have it available to use, you don’t have to add it to this recipe. The bread will still taste good without it.
You will also need four eggs, three tablespoons of water, and vegetable oil. To prepare the icing, combine heavy whipping cream with melted butter, sifted powdered sugar, and a cup of chopped pistachios.
Pistachio Pudding Bread Recipe Notes
- If you don’t have a yellow cake mix available, feel free to use French vanilla, which will also work in this Pistachio Bread recipe.
- For additional flavor, add a bit of almond extract, which brings a sweet yet nuttier taste to this bread. You can use it in addition to the vanilla extract or swap out the vanilla extract for the almond extract.
- I love the use of brown sugar in this recipe because I feel like it truly adds the perfect touch of flavor to this recipe. However, if you only have white sugar at home, you can still use it and enjoy the taste of this bread.
How to Make Pistachio Bread from Scratch
This recipe for pistachio quick bread is so easy, you’ll find yourself making this often. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare before you bake!
Start with Prep
Set your oven to 350 degrees F. While waiting for the oven to get hot, line your 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In the meantime, mix your bread batter by combining your wet and dry ingredients.
Bake Your Bread
Pour your bread batter into the loaf pan, place the pan in the oven, and bake for a minimum of 45 minutes. You can check if the bread is done by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out wet, leave the bread to bake for a few more minutes.
Remove and Cool
Take your pan out of the oven and set your bread off to the side, giving it some time to cool down. After 20 minutes, place it on a wire rack to cool off completely.
Top with Your Glaze
While you’re waiting for the bread to cool down, prepare the glaze. Once it’s no longer hot, drizzle your glaze on top and add a finishing touch by sprinkling the pieces of pistachio over the glaze.
How to Store the Pistachio Quick Bread
Always check that your bread is completely cool before attempting to store it. After it’s cooled down and you’ve added your glaze and nuts, you can wrap it twice with plastic wrap and then store it on the counter for up to three days. If you put it in the fridge, this bread will stay fresh for up to five days.
More Quick Bread Recipes
For the bread
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cake batter. Using a standup or handheld mixer, mix together the yellow cake mix, instant pistachio pudding, eggs vegetable oil, sour cream, water, vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Bake. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze. While the bread is cooling, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, melted butter, and sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
- Glaze the bread. Once the loaf has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the cake and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Once the pistachio bread has cooled completely and the glaze has solidified a bit, wrap the loaf in a double layer of plastic wrap. Store it at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.