Easy Coconut Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
Do you love the sweet taste of Coconut? Well, this Coconut Cookies recipe may even change the mind of someone who doesn’t like coconut. These are so good and a perfect treat to share with your friends and family.
This Coconut Cookies Recipe is so easy to make! You will have these wonderfully flavored cookies in no time! The directions are so simple to follow along with and the ingredients, you may already have in your household. These are perfect for any occasion and this recipe may just become a favorite!
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar– This will add moisture to your cookie recipe and more flavor.
- Eggs- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Coconut extract- This will be optional to use in this recipe.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Flaked coconut- You will need to make sure to buy sweetened coconut.
How to Make This Coconut Cookie Recipe
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet.
Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer on medium until well mixed.
Pour in the eggs, vanilla, and coconut extract if you decide to use it, and on medium, beat again until fully combined.
Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour in the dry ingredients and coconut into the wet and beat until the flour is fully incorporated into the dough.
Us a cookie scoop to add 1 1/2 tables spoons of dough to the prepared pan and arrange them to leave about 1 1/2 inches between each other.
Put in the oven and for 11-13 minutes, bake until the edges are light brown.
Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack or paper towel to cool completely.
Place in an airtight container to store at room temperature.
Do I use Sweetened or Unsweetened Coconut?
For this Coconut Cookies recipe, you don’t want your cookies to come out tasting bitter or unflavored. Using sweetened coconut will make the cookies a lot sweeter and taste better. So, in this recipe, you will need to use sweetened coconut.
Variations of Coconut Cookies
There are a few different types of coconut cookies. These different types of variations are absolutely delicious and you will be happy to share with your loved ones. There are Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Coconut Pecan Cookies, and Cranberry Coconut cookies.
More Coconut Recipes
- Pineapple Coconut Bread
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- Homemade Raspberry Coconut Bars
- Orange Coconut Cream Puff Recipe
- Coconut Pecan Shortbread Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until creamed.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut extract if you’re using it. Mix on medium until the eggs are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and coconut to the wet ingredients. Beat until the flour is worked into the cookie dough.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet leaving 1 1/2 inches between each dough ball.
- Place in the oven and bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.