Homemade Raspberry Coconut Bars
Homemade Raspberry Coconut Bars is a classic dessert and for good reason. Using a jam preserve and coconut flakes, this recipe for dessert bars has a buttery crust and a delicious coconut topping.
Homemade Raspberry Coconut Bars
It is no wonder that these bars are a classic. These delicious raspberry coconut slice bars are absolute perfection. These bars are tasty and incredibly easy to make. These bars are made with a minimal amount of ingredients.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Flour – This will be for the shortbread cookie base.
- Sugar – You will use granulated sugar for this recipe
- Butter- I prefer to use unsalted butter. This way I can control the amount of salt that is in each recipe.
- Eggs – You will use one egg for the cookie base and the other egg for the topping.
- Milk – we use regular milk, but you can also use milk alternatives such as almond, or coconut milk.
- Raspberry jam – Make sure you are using a jam that you love because this is what the filling is made of. Nothing is added to the filling to change the taste.
- Flaked coconut – I prefer to use the sweetened coconut, but you can use either one.
- Vanilla – this adds a nice vanilla flavoring to the coconut topping mixture.
How to Make Raspberry Coconut Slice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking dish and set it aside.
First, make the crust.
Whisk together flour and sugar.
Cut the butter into small cubes and then cut it into the mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
Add the egg and milk to for it into a dough.
Press the dough into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. The crust will become lightly golden brown.
Once the crust is out of the oven, spread the jam over the warm crust.
Next, make the topping.
Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl.
Add in the melted butter and the vanilla.
Then, mix in the coconut.
Spread the mixture over the jam filling and bake it for 25 minutes.
Cool the Raspberry Coconut Slice bars completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries?
If you prefer to use frozen raspberries instead of jam, you can thaw out the raspberries and then break them down by mashing them. Then you will want to add a little bit of sweetener to the mashed berries.
How do You Store Dessert Bars?
Once the bars are cooled and cut into bars, you will want to store the desserts in an airtight container. The dessert bars can be stored at room temperature. They will last for about 5 days when stored properly.
More Dessert Bars You Will Love
- Easy Hello Dolly Bars Recipe
- Cranberry Bars with Crumble Topping
- Coconut Pecan Shortbread Bars
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- Peeps Cookie Bars
Homemade Raspberry Coconut Slice
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter cubes until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg and milk and mix to form a dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spread the raspberry jam filling over the warm crust.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the egg.
- Mix in the melted butter and the vanilla.
- Add the coconut and stir to combine.
- Spread the coconut mixture over the jam filling and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.