Coconut Cream Cake is a coconut lovers dream come true. A white sheet cake is baked, then holes are poked all over the top allowing coconut cream to soak in for a super moist and delicious cake! Frosted with whipped cream and then topped with toasted coconut. So Easy and Delicious!
Easy Coconut Cream Cake
This Coconut Poke Cake gets better and better the longer it sits making it perfect for make ahead entertaining and holiday events. So simple to prepare and everyone always adores this cake! I you love coconut like we do, you may also love our popular chocolate coconut balls, coconut macaroons and holly dolly bars.
I especially love to make this Coconut Cream Cake during the Spring for Easter, but this recipe is good all year round and I whip this up any chance I get!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- White Cake Mix
- Egg Whites
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream of Coconut
- Cool Whip
- Flaked Coconut
How To Make Coconut Cream Cake
Heat the oven to 350. Coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package direction until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
Remove the cake from the oven, then poke holes all over the cake using a fork or wooden rod. Pour the cream of coconut all over the cake and spread until it soaked in. Let cool
Spread the cake with the whipped topping.
Place the coconut in a large skillet
Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until the flakes are mostly golden brown.
Microwave the coconut in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the coconut reaches your desired color.
Add the toasted coconut all over the top of the cake. Serve and enjoy!
- After filling, it’s important to let the cake completely cool before adding the whipped topping
- You do not have to toast the coconut. We love the added flavor, but just adding the coconut to the top of the cake as it is will work just fine.
- You can include sliced almonds to the top of the cake if you prefer. Gives the cake an extra crunch.
Other Easy Poke Cake Recipes You Will Love:
Coconut Cream Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- ingredients needed for cake mix (egg whites, oil)
- 15 ounce can cream of coconut
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 8 ounce package sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 inch pan with baking spray.
- Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package direction until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Remove cake from oven, and while still hot, poke holes in the top of cake using a fork or wooden skewer. Make sure the entire cake is poked.
- Stir the cream of coconut and spread over the warm cake making sure it's filling up the holes and soaking in.
- Cool completely and then spread with the Cool Whip.
- Place the coconut in a large skillet. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until the flakes are mostly golden brown.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the toasted coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!