If you love fresh blueberries, then you will love Blueberry Fluff. It’s a creamy and delicious dessert salad made of blueberries, sweet pineapple, and mini marshmallows. It’s perfect for a cookout or a yummy treat to enjoy anytime.
Blueberry Dessert Salad
Fluff salad consists of fruit, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and mini marshmallows. It used to be very popular and now trying to make a comeback. There are so many renditions but I love blueberries so this is one of my favorites. It’s made with fresh blueberries AND blueberry pie filling which gives you an even more potent flavor. You can also use mandarin orange slices, maraschino cherries, or the classic Watergate salad with pistachio pudding.
I love making this dessert during the summer. Blueberries are in season, giving me a fun and delicious way to enjoy them. They are also one of my kids’ favorite fruits so they love it, too! If you want a sweet treat that requires zero baking and is ready to eat quickly, try this blueberry fluff salad. This recipe calls for sour cream which helps to balance the sweetness from the other ingredients.
What You’ll Need
These are the ingredients you will need to make a delicious blueberry salad. It’s affordable, too!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Creamy Cool Whip: Feel free to use store-brand whipped topping if you prefer.
- Pineapple Chunks: Fresh or canned are great.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Sour Cream: Regular sour cream is fine but you can also you nonfat.
- Blueberries – make sure you use fresh blueberries.
- Sliced Almonds
How to Make Blueberry Fluff
This is a super simple recipe that’s easy to follow. All you have to do is combine the ingredients and chill!
Step 1. Stir blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, and sour cream together in a large bowl until combined.
Step 2. Next, fold in mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks, almonds, and blueberries. Stir until fully combined.
Step 3. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can cover it with plastic wrap. Leave chilling until ready to serve.
Step 4. Top with extra blueberries and sliced almonds before serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If you are using canned pineapple, be sure to drain the juice before adding it to the blueberry fluff so it’s not thin and watery. You can also use crushed canned pineapple.
- Switch out the almonds for pecans or walnuts. Eliminate the almonds if you don’t want a nutty flavor in the fluff salad.
- Regular whipped topping can substitute for creamy whipped topping.
- Add another type of fresh berry to change up the flavor. I highly recommend blackberries or raspberries.
- Use canned peaches (or fresh peace slices) instead of pineapple if you don’t like it. Pineapple isn’t always everyone’s favorite.
- Add extra marshmallows for more fluff.
- Serve family style as a large trifle and layer with angel food cake, pound cake, or graham crackers. You can also serve as is in individual bowls, too.
How to Store Blueberry Fluff Salad
Store leftovers of the blueberry salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can make this recipe up to 24 hours before you serve. I do not recommend freezing the fluff salad because it will become icy and watered down when it thaws.
More Fluff Recipes
- Cranberry Fluff Salad
- Banana Split Fluff Salad
- Oreo Fluff Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Dip
- Cherry Fluff Cheesecake Salad
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 21 oz can blueberry pie filling
- 1 16 oz container creamy whipped topping
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, save some for garnish
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, plus more for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping and sour cream. Stir together until combined.
- Fold in mini marshmallows, pineapple chunks, almonds, and blueberries until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, top with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of sliced almonds.