We could all use a warm and delicious meal during this time. And this Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup Recipe will be a wonderful meal to share with your friends and family. This soup is the perfect addition to your meal plan all year long.
Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup Recipe
This incredible Chili Lime Chicken Soup will be made in less than an hour. The ingredients combined will make a flavorful and warm soup that will melt in your mouth. The combination of herbs, spices, and vegetables are so good and your loved ones may just fall in love.
This soup can be served with fresh 7 Up Biscuits Recipe (only 4-ingredients) or Butter Dip Biscuits.
- Chicken- The chicken breasts will need to be boneless and skinless.
- Broth- You will need to buy chicken flavored broth.
- Chives- This will add a strong sweet flavor to the recipe.
- Tomatoes- These will need to be fire-roasted and diced.
- Chilis- This will add a smoky upfront flavor to the recipe.
- Carrots- You will need baby-sized carrots and sliced.
- Potatoes- You will need to use small potatoes and have them diced.
- Beans- You will need to use a can of white beans.
- Olive oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Cloves garlic- Fresh and finely chopped for best flavoring.
- Salt- This will bring out all the flavors in your soup.
- Pepper- This seasoning will be used for taste in your soup.
- Celery- You will need about 3 stalks finely diced.
- Corn- You can use sweet corn for a buttery flavor.
- Limes- They will need to be juiced, you will need to zest them first before juicing.
- Parmesan cheese- You can use fresh parmesan for the best flavoring.
- Cilantro- You will need to have this chopped and chop extra for garnish if desired.
- Chili powder- This will be used in the chili rub.
- Cumin- This will add a slightly spicier flavor to the recipe.
- Garlic powder- This will add a wonderful aroma and flavor to the recipe.
- Coriander- This will add a slight citrus flavor to the recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup
You will prepare the chili lime rub, salt, and pepper and rub on the chicken.
Add the oil into the IP and place the chicken inside.
Cook the chicken until it is sauteed on both sides and the inside is fully cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the IP and let it cool.
Then, shred it and add the chicken back into the pot.
Pour in the stock, lime juice, and the rest of the ingredients. Close the lid to the Pot and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure; release pressure.
Add the finished soup to serving bowls and use the cheese and cilantro to garnish.
Is This Soup Spicy?
This Chili Lime Chicken Soup has a few ingredients that may make it a little spicy. You can choose to add more or less of herbs and spices. The chilis and cumin will be the main source of the slightly spicy flavor.
Toppings for Chili Lime Chicken Soup?
You can add things into the soup, on top or on the side. We love chicken soup with sides such as bread or a salad. Feel free to add more vegetables to the soup and add many different types of herbs on top for garnish as well as different types of cheese.
More Instant Pot Soups
- Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- Potato Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 64 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chives
- 15 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 8 oz chilis
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced
- 6 small potatoes diced
- 15 oz white beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 15 oz corn
- chili lime rub
- 2 limes, juiced - zest first and save zest for rub
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro,add extra for garnish if desired
Chili Lime Rub
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Rub chicken with chili lime rub, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat olive oil in the instant pot and add chicken
- Saute on both sides until cooked through, let chicken cool and shred
- Return chicken to Instant Pot
- Add stock, lime juice, and all remaining ingredients. Seal Pot and cook on
- high pressure for 15 minutes; release pressure.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of parmesan cheese and
- cilantro. Squeeze extra lime in if desired.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.