Breaded then fried to crispy perfection, these Fried Pork Chops make a quick and easy weeknight dinner. All you need is a handful of ingredients and they’re ready in just 35 minutes!
Crispy Fried Pork Chops Recipe
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner that will please the whole family? You can’t go wrong with these fried pork chops!
This is a simple recipe – all you need is flour, a few seasonings, eggs, and pork chops – but the end result is crispy breaded pork chops that are juicy and tender on the inside.
Why You’ll Love These Breaded Pork Chops
Here are a few reasons we love these crispy fried pork chops.
- Perfect for weeknights. Ready in just 35 minutes with basic ingredients, these breaded pork chops are ideal for those busy weeknight dinners.
- Pair well with any side. We’re a fan of mashed potatoes and a vegetable but you can serve these pork chops up with anything you have on hand.
- Family friendly. Since there are no bold spices (but still great flavor), this recipe hits the mark with everyone, including picky kids!
What You’ll Need
This deep fried pork chops recipe requires just a few ingredients, plus a handful of spices. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion powder, and dried oregano season these crispy pork chops.
- Eggs – Whisked with water to create an egg wash.
- Pork chops – I used boneless pork chops that were about 1/2″ thick for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil – Or your preferred neutral cooking oil for frying.
How to Make Fried Pork Chops
Here’s how to make crispy breaded pork chops in just a few easy steps.
- Prepare the flour and egg wash. Combine the flour and the seasonings in a shallow dish. In another dish, whisk the eggs and water together.
- Dredge the pork chops. Dry the pork chops with a paper towel. Dredge each one into the flour mixture, shaking off excess, then into the egg wash, then back into the flour mixture.
- Fry the pork chops. Heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat. Fry pork chops for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Cook in batches if needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Enjoy. Serve with your desired sides and enjoy!
Tips for Success
Here are a few helpful tips for making the best fried pork chops.
- Make sure the oil is hot before frying. The oil should be heated to approximately 350F before adding the pork chops, so they begin cooking immediately. Otherwise, the breading won’t be as crispy.
- How do I know when breaded pork chops are done? The easiest way is to use an internal thermometer. Pork should reach an internal temperature of 145F.
- Fry in batches. Be sure not to overcrowd your pan, so that there’s space between each pork chop. Depending on the size of your pork chops and pan, you may want to fry the pork chops in a few batches.
- Can I use bone-in pork chops for this recipe? Yes, you can use bone-in pork chops instead of boneless pork chops. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted as bone-in pork chops generally take longer to cook.
What to Serve with Fried Pork Chops
The great thing about fried pork chops is that you can serve them with pretty much anything. My go-to is rice or potatoes with a veggie side. Here are a few ideas:
- Seasoned rice (like lemon rice with mint)
- Cauliflower rice
- Steamed or roasted vegetables
- Fresh salad
- Mashed potatoes
- Baked potatoes
- Dinner rolls
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Leftover fried pork chops can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat. Reheat them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes, or until warmed through and crispy.
More Pork Recipes
Watch The Recipe Video!
Fried Pork Chops
- In a shallow dish, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, onion, and dried oregano. Mix well to create the seasoned flour mixture.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the beaten eggs and water to create an egg wash.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Dredge each pork chop in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip the pork chop into the egg wash, then back into the flour mixture, ensuring it is fully coated.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully place the breaded pork chops into the hot oil and fry for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 145°F (63°C). You may have to fry the pork chops in batches of 2 or 3 at a time.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and let them drain on a paper towel lined plate or baking sheet.
- Serve the fried boneless pork chops with seasoned rice and your choice of side dishes, such as steamed vegetables or a fresh salad. Enjoy!