With just 3 ingredients, this Frozen Hot Chocolate is perfect for hot summer days! All you need is milk, hot cocoa mix, ice, and 5 minutes to make this cold and refreshing chocolate drink.
Easy 3 Ingredient Frozen Hot Chocolate
There are some hot summer days that just call for a frozen drink that tastes like dessert. With this Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe, you can cool down and satisfy your chocolate craving all in one go!
This easy frozen chocolate drink has all the things you love about a steaming mug of hot cocoa in the winter, without the steaming mug. It’s rich and chocolatey, with even more chocolate than your average hot cocoa because I opted for chocolate milk. Add some whipped cream and chocolate chips and you have a Starbucks-worthy drink made at home in seconds.
What You’ll Need
Here are the 3 ingredients you’ll need for this frozen chocolate drink!
- Chocolate milk – Any type of chocolate milk works here, whether it’s dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Hot chocolate mix – Your preferred brand. Skip the ones that come with mini marshmallows.
- Crushed ice – If you have a powerful Vitamix or similar, you can use ice cubes.
- For serving – Whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Can I Use Regular Milk?
If you want to use plain white milk instead of chocolate milk, go ahead. Just note that you won’t have as much of a rich chocolatey flavor. I’ve tried it both ways and if you’re a chocolate lover, I definitely recommend using chocolate milk!
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
Here are the few steps to making this delightfully chocolatey summer drink.
- Chill the glasses. Place your glasses in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Blend the ingredients. Blend the milk, hot cocoa mix, and ice until smooth.
- Enjoy. Pour the mixture into the chilled glasses, garnish as desired, and enjoy!
Turn this drink into a true dessert by loading it up with toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup
Frozen Hot Chocolate Variations
You can also customize the flavor of your frozen hot cocoa by adding in an extra ingredient or two.
- Make it boozy. We have a delicious Boozy Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe that adds a kick.
- Add some peppermint flavor. Use peppermint hot cocoa mix for a minty twist.
- Salted caramel hot chocolate. Another fun variation is to use salted caramel hot cocoa mix and top your drink with a drizzle of caramel syrup.
More Summer Drink Ideas:
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Place two glasses in the freezer for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate milk, hot cocoa mix, and crushed ice into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate chips.