Winter is here and the chilly weather causes us to naturally orbit around warm things like blankets, gloves, cozy socks, fires, and food and drinks. However, this Boozy Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate may be your go-to drink this year. It’s thick, creamy, and chilly made with hot chocolate, vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint, whipped cream, and of course a boozy Smirnoff Peppermint Twist.
Chilled Peppermint Hot Cocoa
This recipe is so good and so addicting even if it is on the colder side. It is simple to make and can be ready in no time. I love enjoying this beverage with friends and family during the holidays out on the deck or patio. It is perfect by itself or you can enjoy it with a warm dessert. The flavors taste exactly like Christmas and you won’t be able to get enough.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Hot Chocolate Mix: You can use any brand you prefer for this recipe or homemade hot cocoa mix.
Ice cream: I use vanilla ice cream for this recipe, but you can use chocolate for a more rich flavor. This will also make the drink really thick and cream along with the milk.
Smirnoff Peppermint Twist: This can be left out if you plan on serving to the kiddos. Use crushed peppermints for an extra minty flavor.
How To Make Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Step 1. Set 4 milkshake cups in the freezer to chill. Add the Hot Chocolate Mix, Vanilla Ice Cream, Milk, Ice Cubes, and Smirnoff Peppermint Twist into a blender and combine until smooth and creamy. Take the cups out and pour the mixture in until full.
Step 2. Top with your preferred amount of whipped cream and crushed peppermints. Add a colorful straw and serve. Enjoy!
What Toppings Taste Best With Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate?
I love topping this recipe with a simple dollop of whipped cream with a few extra sprinkles of crushed peppermint. However, you can also top this recipe with extra marshmallows, chocolate shavings, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, sprinkles, or cinnamon.
Tips & Tricks
- You can buy pre-crushed peppermints or make them at home yourself by placing candies in a Ziplock bag and smacking with a rolling pin or sturdy cup or any blunt object.
- I love using Hershey’s products for this recipe because they give the best quality.
- You can store leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Dip
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Boozy Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Place 4 Milkshake Glasses in the FreezerIn a Blender, add the Hot Chocolate Mix, Vanilla Ice Cream, Milk, Ice Cubes, and Smirnoff Peppermint Twist, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the Cups from the Freezer, and pour the Frozen Chocolate mixture from the Blender into the cups, until they’re full.
- Add a generous amount of Whipped Cream (I used Reddi – Wip). Crush a few Peppermints, and sprinkle them on top of the Whipped Cream. Place a colorful straw in the drinks, serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 2 Plastic Cups 12-ounce