This Grinch Cheesecake Lush Dessert is a festive, no-bake holiday treat. It has vanilla cookies, fluffy cheesecake, and a creamy peppermint pudding layer. It captures the holiday spirit with a fun Grinch theme.
Grinch Cheesecake Lush
This Grinch Lush is perfect for the holidays. So festive and fun and always a crowd-pleaser. I love that it is no-bake! Cheesecake and Lush are the perfect combination. With this fun Christmas theme, who doesn’t love the Grinch?
What You’ll Need
- Crust Layer: Vanilla Oreo cookies and melted butter are needed for the crust.
- Cheesecake Layer: Cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping create the cheesecake layer.
- Pudding layer: Vanilla instant pudding mix and milk make the pudding layer.
- Peppermint extract, Green gel food coloring and red food coloring, and Green and red heart sprinkles to finish off the Grinch Cheesecake Lush.
How To Make This Grinch Cheesecake Dessert
- Make the Crust: Create the crust by adding the cookies to the food processor to make fine crumbs. Combine with the melted butter and press into the baking dish.
- Create the Cheesecake Layer: Using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the whipped topping. Add green food coloring until it is the shade you want. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Mix the Pudding Layer: Mix the dry pudding and milk together. Add peppermint extract. Add a few drops of red coloring at a time until you get the shade you want. Spread it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Whipped topping layer: Color the rest of the whipped topping green and spread it over the top. Sprinkle the top with the sprinkles and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Can I Use Chocolate Cookies for the Base?
Yes, you can definitely use chocolate cookies for the base instead of vanilla Oreo cookies. This will give the Grinch Cheesecake Lush a richer and more decadent flavor. You could also mix in some crushed candy canes or peppermint candies to add an extra burst of holiday flavor.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! In fact, this recipe is best made ahead of time so that it has enough time to set in the fridge. You can make the crust and pudding layer up to 24 hours in advance and then assemble all the layers right before serving. This will save you time and stress on the day of your holiday gathering.
Tips for Serving Grinch Cheesecake Lush
- Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wipe clean between cuts to get clean slices.
- Serve with extra whipped topping, sprinkles, and crushed candy canes on top for an extra festive touch.
- You can also use mini Oreo cookies as a garnish on top of each slice.
- This dessert is best served cold, so be sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
More Grinch Recipes
Grinch Cheesecake Lush
- You can line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper to make slicing easier but it is not necessary.
- In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 container of whipped topping.
- Stir in green food coloring until you get your desired shade.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined.
- Add the peppermint extract.
- Add in red food coloring until you get your desired shade.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Mix the remaining container of whipped topping with more green food coloring until its the same shade green as the bottom layer.
- Spread the whipped topping on top.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze.
- Slice and serve!